Chapter 13 - Surprises

The next day in school was pretty boring as well. In the morning Jai told me that he would skip the last lesson and that Beau will bring me somewhere when school has finished. I thought of Jai and what he would do with me after school. This boy and his ideas. I loved him so much. 

As soon as school was over I went out and searched for Beau. He stood there with his car and waved. I walked toward him and we headed over to a park. It was empty..well almost. In the middle of the park was a huge picnic and Jai was walking over to Beau and me. He had a bunch of flowers in his hands and looked gorgeous as. I turned to Beau and said "Bye! And thanks for driving me here." He smiled and said "Have fun" while he winked at  me. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car. 

Jai gave me a massive hug before he handed me the flowers. "Thank you" I smiled at him before I gave him a kiss. He guided me to the picnic. "I cooked it myself. I actually skipped the last three lessons of school." We giggled and sat down on the blanket. There were a few roses laying on it and a looooot of food. Everything you could think of. Salad, strawberries, cherries, pancakes and a lot more. "Jai, how did you do all this?" I asked, I stared at all this in disbelieve and Jai came closer, he whispered in my ear "Only the best for my babe." I smiled and kissed him.

I told Jai about my boring day at school. "Luke was a bit strange in math today. I don't know. He always talks to me and helps me but he was so quiet today. And last night when I came back from the bathroom, I heard him talking to Beau, something like it hurts him when he sees 'them' together. Does he mean us? I mean, he just told me how much he likes me. I don't know, I really like him as a friend. I don't want to hurt him.." Jai listened to me and thought about it.

"Yeah, he really likes you. More than you like him, I guess. I understand that you don't want to hurt him...but does that mean you want to give up on us?" Jai looked down as he said that. It hurt him thinking that way. And it hurt me hearing that.

"Jai, no. I love you. I never thought of leaving you." I lifted his chin up a bit and smiled at him. He smiled back and said "You're hurting one of us anyways. I mean now you're...we..are hurting Luke, but if you would leave me you would hurt me." This time I looked down. I nodded. He was right, I would hurt either Luke or Jai. It didn't matter what I would have done. Jai kissed my cheek. "Let's think of something different." I smiled and agreed.

I told Jai about mom's call, then I remebered that I wanted to call her back. I typed in her number and waited for her to pick up. A few moments later a sleepy voice mumbled a 'hello' -Shit! The time difference, they were sleeping in England now! "Sorry mom! I didn't think of the time difference. I just wanted to call you back, as I promised."

"Never mind. I love hearing something new from you." she said, still a bit sleepy.

I smiled and said "Guess who's sitting next to me?" 

I could literally see her looking up in excitement. She knew that my boyfriend was sitting next to me. "What's his name? And don't you dare to hang up again now!" 

I laughed and said "His name's Jai."

"mhhhh. But I need to tell you something now. I don't want to destroy your good mood but.. your granny. You know she has cancer. And ...we don't know if she's still with us when you come back from your exchange year." her voice got more sad with every word she said.

I remembered. It wasn't the best time to do an exchange year. No one knew how long my granny would survive. But I needed to get away from all this. Jai noticed that I got sad. He put his hand on my shoulder and whispered "Tell me later, okay?" I nodded.

"Are you there?" my mom asked. "Sure, sorry. I need to hang up now. Sorry for waking you up. Please call me if you know more." 

My mom promised me to update me and hung up. I turned to Jai and told him about my grandma. He hugged me for a long while. It was good that he was there right then. I needed him.

Hope you like it :)

Please share/ vote/ comment/ becoma a fan -Thanks! xx