Chapter 15 - Luke sees a chance

I was still wrapped in Jai's arms, I burried my face in his neck and a few tears ran down my cheeks. Then I told Jai about my 'dream' from last night which actually was the reality. I told him about the flight and all that stuff when Gina called us to talk to her in the kitchen.

We went down and sat down around the table. "Holly, babe. I'm really sorry for all this." Gina said and I smiled a bit saying "Thank you."

She continued "So you and Jai are flying to the UK on Thursday in the morning. You're going to school today and tomorrow and then you'll skip school for a while. We don't know when you'll be back but I'll organize everything with school." Jai and I tried to smile and we gave Gina a group hug. "Thank you." Jai and I whispered. "It's okay. And now get your lazy butts up and get ready for school." We laughed and Jai and I got ready for school.

Tuesday and Wednesday passed by really fast. On Wednesday, after school, Jai and I packed our bags for the UK. Then we were lying in his bed all day. I rested my head on his chest and he had his left  hand gently stroking my stomach while his right hand was placed on my leg. Most of the time we were just staring at one of the walls in his room. 

"Are you excited about tomorrow? I mean, do you know what you're gonna say to your grandma..?" Jai asked after a while. 

I nodded and said "I am. I'm even afraid, I don't know how she will react and all that." 

I guess Jai heard that my voice broke a little and said "I'm excited too. It's the first time I'll meet your family."

I giggled as I said "Mom's probably gonna kill you if she doesn't like you. 'Only the best for my little Holly.' she and grandma always said." I smiled a little and Jai suddenly sounded serious. "Do you think your family will like me?" 

I laughed. He sounded so worried. "Of course, you're a lovely and handsome guy who knows what I want and need. AND even if they wouldn't like you, I mean, it's not like they're dating you. I'm dating you. I'm the person who needs to like you."

"Do you like me?" Jai asked and I wondered how he could even stay so serious while he was asking such a...stupid question. "Are you serious? I love you, Jai!" 

I felt that he was smiling. He kissed the top of my head and whispered "I love you, too, Holly."

On Thursday we got up earlier than we would have needed to. Well, actually Jai woke me up. He coughed so hard, it sounded horrible. "Are you alright?" I asked in a sleepy voice but before he could answer he jumped up and ran into the bathroom. The next thing I realized was the sound of a vomitting Jai. I quickly went to the bathroom and saw Jai kneeing on the floor, his head hanging over the toilet. 

I walked up to him and started stroking his back. "It's okay." I whispered and kept stroking his back. After a while he got up and looked in my face. He looked awful. His skin was almost white, he had dark rings under his eyes and he looked like a ghost. "I guess I won't get a good morning kiss then." He said but as he tried to laugh he turned to the toilet again. There was that horrible sound again. It was horrible seeing him like that. 

Gina came into the bathroom and had a cup of tea in her hand. "Oh Jai. Drink that tea. It may help." Jai grabbed the mug and drank a bit. "He looks awful." Gina said to me. I guess she could see it in my face that I was worried. "I know." I said and stroked Jai's back again.

"He can't fly to the UK with you like that." Gina said. Jai and I looked at each other and shook our heads "NOOOO! He needs to! I can't do this without him!" I whined. Gina hugged me and said "Sweetie, you need to be at the airport in one hour. Jai can't feel better, or at least good enough for the flight- in that short time."

I nodded, Gina was right. "I'm so sorry babe." Jai whispered. "It's not your fault." I tried to smile. I failed.

Luke came into the bathroom as well and we told him about Jai being sick. "I don't want to fly alone. I need someone by my side."

"I could fly with you." Luke offered. At first I was about to say no but I realized that I really needed someone and Jai was sick. In the end I said yes. Luke quickly grabbed some clothes and threw them in a bag. It was funny to watch him, he was so fast that he missed a lot. I helped him getting everything though.

When we were about to leave I hugged Jai even though he said I shouldn't, he was afraid that I would get sick as well. I didn't care. I kissed his cheek and said good bye. 

Luckily I 'stole' a few of Jai's shirts and put them in my suitcase as well. I needed something to remind me of him. Cheesy but I just did it.

During the flight I fell asleep with my head resting on Luke's shoulder. I don't know, I could kinda feel that he was happy about that. Maybe this trip was his chance to 'get' me. I knew I wasn't like a prize to him but ... If you think about it, I was a prize. Luke and Jai both wanted to win me, my heart. And I knew it would be hard to resist Luke's charm and everything in the next time. 

I hope you think it wasn't too boring,

please share/ vote/ comment/ become a fan

-thanks :) xx