Chapter 9 - Luke, please understand

I still waited for an answer from Jai. What was going to happen?

He hold my hand tighter and sighed. "You have to tell me. Do you love me?" He tried to smile and I smiled back. "Well,.. I think I really like you." I said in a flirty voice. He gave me a cheeky halfsmile and said "How can I convice you that you love me?" I came a bit closer and whispered "Maybe with another kiss." We both smiled and he pulled me in for a kiss. There was it again, the fireworks, the butterflies. I put my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist.

When I pulled back I smiled and said "99 per cent convinced." He smiled and kissed me one more time.

We went back on the ice for a while and then we drove home. I was a bit scared of seeing Luke. What would he do? I still hadn't talked to him about the last night.

Jai unlocked the door and we walked in. Hand in hand. Luke came around the corner and saw it. "Hey." I whispered looking down. I heard disappointment in his voice when he greeted us. "I actually wanted to talk to you, Holly. Do you have a minute?" Luke said and I looked up at him. He looked great, and when I looked into his face, he looked hurt. I nodded and Jai kissed my cheek. "I'm in the shower." he whispered and left Luke and me alone. We went into my room and sat down on my bed.

"What's that with you and Jai? Last night we almost had sex and now you're holding hands with him?" I had tears in my eyes, I didn't want to hurt Luke. I looked away ans said "Luke, I'm so sorry." He sighed and turned my head to him. His voice was a bit calmer when he said "Just tell me why. Please. I thought you liked me."

This time I sighed. "Luke, I like you, but only as a friend. And honestly, I don't know why I did this last night. All I know is that I love Jai and that I always thought of him when you kissed me or when I kissed you." I guessed these words gave him the rest. He looked even more hurt now and said "Okay, I guess I can't do anything against your feelings, but I think you should know that I always told you the truth. At first I only wanted your body. But then.. I don't know what happened. When we kissed each other. It was like a firework." Oh no, that what I felt for Jai, Luke felt for me.

"Luke. I feel that firework too. But only when I kiss Jai. I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. Please don't be mad. You're a good friend and I would miss talking to you in math." I giggled a bit and hoped he would do that too. And he did. "Okay, I won't be mad. But if Jai hurts you..please tell me. I don't want you to get hurt." I nodded and smiled weakily.

Then Jai walked in. "Are you okay?" Luke and I nodded and Luke left Jai and me alone. I told Jai what I told Luke and what he told me. Then I went to bed. It's got really late and tomorrow was school. Jai said he would eat something and then come to me.

About ten minutes later I heard two voices on the floor. Beau and Jai. "Luke is really hurt okay. And if you're gonna hurt Holly he's proably gonna kill you." That was Beau. Jai sighed and said "I'm sorry for him, but I won't hurt Holly. I love her too much." Then it was quiet. A few moments later Jai opened my door. "Are you sleeping babe?" he whispered.

I let him join me under the blanket and said "almost." "Sorry if I woke you up. Good night, sweetheart." he said before he kissed my cheek. He wrapped his arm around me and I said good night.

I hope you like it :) Please share/ vote/ comment/ become a fan! xx