Family Fight

*Lance's POV*

I grew up in a rich house and I go to a normal school since I refuse to go to a private school that is just filled with bratty, spoiled kids. I drove to school one day and got out of my car when I saw this guy arguing with a tow truck driver as I notice that must be his car being towed away....was he sleeping in there? I decided to walk up to the man in overall's and hand him a few hundred bucks and thanked him then said a nice hello to the sweet short boy.

"Umm h-hey, thanks for that..." He says as he hugs me.

"Question, do you live in your car?" I ask not in a rude way.

"Yeah...my parents kicked me out when I was 16" He said.

"I'm Keith by the way, you are?" he asks

"I'm Lance, nice to meet you, mind if I treat you to lunch after classes?" I ask

"That would be wonderful!" He says and grabs his school bag from his car and walks into the school with me.

I didn't realize but he was in a lot of my classes...like science, math, gym, art, etc our first class though was gym so we headed to the locker room. His locker was a few beside mine as he unlocks it and puts his bag in it, he pulls his shirt and shorts out of the bag and takes his shirt off and slips it on...there were bruises all over his back and chest along with scars....he didn't seem to care about them...he then pulled his jeans down and slid on his gym shorts and just more bruises and scars...

"What I got something on my face?" He asks looking at me with crossed arms.

"No n-nothing sorry..." I say and decided to get dressed myself.

We continued with gym and did our running and stretches, we then did some team game of dodgeball, after that we got dressed and headed to math. After math the lunch bell rang and we headed off into the cafeteria to grab some food as we were in line Keith raised his tray for them to serve food and they jus stared at him and said.

"NEXT!"

"Umm excuse me you cant starve students." I say sternly.

"oh yeah what will you do?" She asks.

"My parents will sue the school and there will be nothing left." I say smirking.

"HA! As if you have that much money and you go here" She says.

I pull out my phone and click on my bank and show her my balance, her mouth opened and dropped the scooper in the potatoes.

"See, now take me seriously" I say as I slid my phone in my pocket and looked over at Keith and gave him a sweet smile he seemed VERY surprised.

We were walking to our table and sat down, he just kept looking up at me when he thought I couldn't see him staring.....

"Take a picture it lasts longer" I say with a chuckle....

"s-sorry I was just surprised....were you playing that lady?" He asked as he took a bit out of his burger.

"nope" I say as I show him my account balance.

"Holly shit.....why do you go to such a shitty school then?" He asked.

"Because I hate private schools, they suck there filled with rich kids who are annoying" I say as I drink some chocolate milk.

After we talked and he told me where he gets the bruises, he said he got them from kids at school who slash his tiers and beat him up when he steals food from the cafeteria....I felt bad for him I felt like I needed to take him in and keep him safe...after we ate we walked to go put our trays away when all of a sudden a flying milk carton went flying threw the air and hit Keith before I could hit it.