The Past

~aged 3~

Daniel and Amelia ran around the garden giggling together. They held eachothers hands and span in a circle until they would fall down. Then they would laugh and get back up, doing it again and again.

"Daniel, Amelia, inside please" their mother called out from the door. They got up and staggered inside, still dizzy and laughing. They sat inside and watch some cartoons for a while until everyone was called to dinner. They all sat having dinner together like a happy family. Everyone was happy.

~kindergarten~

Amelia walks into school holding her mothers hand as Daniel runs off to his friends. This was Amelia's second week after the break they had for Christmas. A couple girls snicker at her as Amelia and her mother walk over to her teacher.

"This is where I leave you pumpkin" her mother says leaning down to her height.

"Please don't leave mummy. Those girls bully me about everything" Amelia says, hugging her mother and crying a little.

"Miss Fogety will look after you. Plus Jamie will be here soon. She will help you too" her mother says, pulling away from her and kissing her head. "Bye Amelia" she says.

"bye mummy" Amelia says quietly and goes inside the classroom to her seat.

At lunch those girls start talking about her again.

"Look at her hair, it's so choppy and short" one of them says laughing. Amelia had asked her mother for a haircut that weekend and her mother give her one. She tried not to pay attention but it was hard for her, especially when she was so young and they were right behind her.

"And look at that dress. I could do better myself" another says laughing as well. The dress she was wearing was made by her aunt for her birthday and it ment a lot to her.

"yeah but the worst thing is her face, like come on she's just ugly" the last says and the others laugh.

"Why can't you leave me alone. I've never done nothing to you" Amelia says, standing up and turning around. Jamie, her best friend had also come to join her.

"because your such an easy target as my sister told me. A girl like you deserves it. I bet your family doesn't even love you" the main bully says standing over Amelia a bit. But that was Amelia's breaking point. She had seen the boys do it so she pushes the main girl and the girl falls back screaming and being over dramatic. The other two girls run to the fallen girl as Amelia stands back crying. By now the whole playground had seen what happened and had run over. The girl on the ground screamed and bellowed as Amelia backed away crying. Miss Fogety ran over, grabbing Jamie and Amelia and left with them. They went and sat in her office.

"she's a monster" the girl yelled as you were taken away with Jamie.

"it's not her fault miss" Jamie says as they sit in her office.

"I know girls but there's nothing I can do. That girls mother basically runs the school, she won't believe you girls. No one will" Miss Fogety says worried and she was right. Not even her own brother believed her.

"you did it out of no where. Your a monster as she said" Daniel yelled at her.

"she's the one that had been bullying me Daniel. I-"

"no, your a monster and I don't want to be related to a monster" Daniel says and runs off out the back. Amelia breaks down crying and goes to talk to her mother.

"go to your room. No daughter of mine would do that" her mother says. Amelia runs to her room and just cries. The only people to believe her were her father and her sister. They were the only ones that cared for her after that.