Carnival Catchup

I walked closer to Jamie, finding tears start to pour from her eyes too. I burst out crying and latched onto her. She did the same, causing us to fall to the ground in each other's arms. I could hear the others muttering to each other, trying to figure out what's going on. Anna and Daniel remained silent, the only people that know Jamie and how much she means to me. Yeah, I've told Zach and Christina a bit about her but not about who she truly was and what she means to me. I stop crying a bit and move my head back to look at her. The same long, straight, brown hair. Same lightly tanned skin. Same bright green eyes with the small hint of blue. Still wearing little to no makeup. The only things that have changed are her style and body. I realise she had examined me when she grabs hold of my necklace. The same 'be brave' one she gave me before leaving. I grab hers, seeing the same blue gem I give her but on a different chain.

"You still have it" she croaks.

"and you still have your one" I sob. We cry again.

"Wait, this is the Jamie from her childhood right?" Christina asks.

"more like up till year ten best friend" Daniel states. I hear a couple gasps. I finish crying and pull back a little.

"I missed you so much" I smile, wiping my eyes from tears.

"I missed you too" she smiles back. Something clicks in my brain and I jump up, dragging her up with me. I turn around, raising my shirt to show her my tattoo.

"Don't let any b**ches beat your happiness. Wait, I said that to you" she cheers. She quickly slides the left arm of her cardigan off and shows me her tattoo. 'I'll find someone like you to love'

"I said that to you before you left" I stutter. How did we come up with this without knowing?

"I don't know how we did it but I'm happy we did" She states, pulling it back on. "So, first explain why Daniels here and smiling at us" I giggle at her.

"well this is his and his bandmates house, I just live here with them" I state as if it's simple but it really isn't. "Daniel apologised to me a while ago after I first moved in with them, long story that I will tell you later"

"right" Jamie drags out, still iffy about him.

"I really am sorry Jamie. The boys brought me to realise what I did was wrong, though they don't really know what happened. I hope you can forgive me" Daniel expresses, walking towards us. I look up at her, as she is 5'5, and see she's pondering a plan in her head.

"Do you have any cookie and cream ice cream?" She asks. I laugh, knowing what she has planned.

"yeah, in the freezer" He answers, confused.

"I forgive you. No one touches it, it's mine" she announces, looking at everyone. "Now introduce me to everyone"

"right. First, we will start with the band." I instruct, having them step forward.

After saying who is related to who I start pointing out who is significantly special to me.

"Christina is one of my best friends. Zach is also my best friend. Esther is a good friend of mine along with the other guys besides Jonah here" I sigh, looking at him and noticing the similar features between him and Jamie.

"Do I have to kick his a**?" Jamie questions with a quite serious face. I giggle.

"no, no. Jonah is my.... boyfriend" I smile, holding his hand. I look at Jamie and see her jaw dropped. She closes it and walks over to us, starting to inspect him. I giggle as he stiffens.

"I can see why you're dating him. He's not my type but I get it" she states, stopping in front of us, still serious. "He looks a bit like me" she cheers and walks away. I burst out laughing along with everyone except Jonah.