Down Day

Mum (Jonah's) and I decided to go out and get some food for cooking and snacking. The others all stayed, except Zebulon who wanted to tag along. Yeah, he joined us as well. I thought it was a good idea for them all to have a family bonding time. I managed to get 4 baseball tickets so all three boys were going and maybe me. Depends if I feel better this afternoon or not. I woke up this morning and didn't feel very well so Svea or Esther may end up going. I told Mum and Zebulon I wasn't feeling well on the way to the shop so Mum said if I ended up staying home she would as well to take care of me.

We were about halfway through shopping. Mum created a list before we came so as we went through the isles, we would tick things off. Zebulon pushed the trolley (AKA shopping cart) as Mum and I searched for the items. I grab some coffee, placing it in the trolley. Mum crosses it off the list and we look for more things. I groan, grabbing hold of the side of the trolley to balance myself. The pain rises in my stomach and I almost fall.

"Wow, Indi. Are you alright?" Zebulon asks, grabbing hold of me so I stay balanced.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sigh, regaining balance.

"No, you aren't honey. Let me quickly run around the shop to get everything and we can go home" Mum states, taking the trolley from Zebulon and speeding off. I go to follow after her but Zeb stops me.

"Don't worry. She knows this store like the back of her hand, she will be finished in a minute." Zeb says, putting his arm around me for support. We start walking back to the car. Zeb telling her that's where we are. He helps me into the back of the car.

"Thanks, Zeb" I smile, pulling the seatbelt over me.

"It's alright. I know Jonah would have killed me if I didn't help you." He chuckles, causing me to giggle a little.

"You aren't wrong," I add, hearing trolley wheels come closer to us. Zeb helps mum put everything in the back after he closes the door. I groan softly again, not wanting to worry them.

The closer we got back to the house, the worse I felt. It got to the point I couldn't hold in my groans and moans of pain and discomfort.

"It's okay honey, we will be home soon." Mum sighs, looking back at me through the review mirror. I nod my head.

I must have blacked out for a bit because we were home a lot quicker than it should have taken, I also woke up to Zeb banging the door with his foot as he held me. I open my eyes a little, seeing Dad open the door, confusing and shock cover his face. I groan again as Zeb starts running up to Jonah's and my room.

"Esther, get me cold, damp cloth please and meet me in Jonah's room" Zeb yells out, hurting my ears and head. "Sorry Indi" he starts upstairs before someone yells out.

"Zeb is that Indi?!" Jonah yells, running over to us. I just groan, trying to shift a little. "Baby, what's wrong?" He asks, placing his hand on my head only to retrieve it at a fast pace.

"I'm okay" I stutter.

"No, you aren't Indi. Let's get you to bed" Zeb states, carrying me up the stairs.

Jonah runs in front of him, opening our door and putting the fan on high. Zeb places me on the bed, lifting my head up a bit so he can place another pillow under it. Esther runs in, followed by Svea. She gives Zeb the cloth, who then places it on my head. I feel someone grab my hand so I open my eyes and find Jonah sitting the other side of the bed, holding my hand. I smile at him lightly before darkness consumes me again.

I wake up a bit later, still finding Jonah next to me, holding my hand and resting his head on the pillows above my head. I groan in pain, quickly taking the cloth off my head and running to the bathroom. Everything I have eaten comes up, which isn't a lot. A hand runs over my back as another holds back my hair.