Chapter 3- Foster Life

I walked downstairs, I thought maybe a good midnight snack would be a good idea.

I grabbed a Oreo poptart and carried it upstairs, hoping I don't wake up my mom.

Now your probably wondering, why are you acting like a freak? Ok you might not be thinking that, if your not thinking that, then thank you; but I'm not really part of this family, I'm the foster daughter.

I've hoped home from home and the dayas have kept me here for the longest, most foster parents don't let me stay with them very long because of how I act.
I don't act like...a baby, but everyone always says I have A real ugly attitude.

I know it sounds pretty sad, but I've been in foster care since I was 5. The reasoning is because, my REAL dad ODed and my mom was a hit and run. Never saw my mom again after she left, and saw my dad dead on he floor foaming...messed up huh? Well I've always kinda had this attitude I have now but, that's the whole excuse of why I've been in 16 foster homes throughout my entire life.

Since I'm 17 and a senior, I basically only have one more birthday with one more foster family, or with the dayas.

I really don't exactly care though because i kinda like the fact that I get to experience others lifestyle. It makes me different, but I like different, it makes me even more perfect.

The thing is that after my birthday, which is in like, 5 weeks, I will be 18 and I will then have to wait out the entire school year until I get to graduate.

I ate the poptart and played a game on my phone...yes...I have a phone, the Dayas were nice enough to get me a phone.

Now, the Dayas aren't exactly like any other foster family, maybe that's because I'm the only one their fostering because everyone else got adopted...but that's not the only thing, they actually celebrated my 17th birthday, gifts and all! In most foster homes...my birthday is just another day.

I really hope I at least get to stay here for a tad bit longer.

I mean-

"Paige?" My mom stood there.

"GAHH, MAH EYES!" I shrieked as I tumbled off my bed like a complete moron.

So...let's say that my mom....yes I call her mom even though she's my foster mom....walked into my room because I guess she heard me snooping around, and we'll she turned on my light, and when your in the dark for 30-60 minutes and then your mom walks in and turns the light on, your eyes are going to hurt like no tomorrow.

"Oh! Sorry, Paige! Whatre you doing up??"

"Eating a poptart as my midnight snack"

"Oh...can I speak wig you real quick...?"

What could it possibly be that couldn't wait till morning?

"Yeah of course"

My mom got up and walked out my room and I followed suite.

She went to the kitchen and sat down in a chair and I sat right across from her.

Her features were tired...almost like she was thinking hard throughout the night. Her black hair was up in a messy bun and her brown eyes tired.

"So...I love you as a daughter...but it's just your attitude towards Janet...if your not nicer to her I'll have to give you back to the state."

My jaw was literally plopped open, like, seriously? Sure I get she's your real daughter, but sister's don't get along all the time...

"Oh...I totally understand...but I'm still a unicorn.."

My foster mom, ms.daya , sighed and got up.

"Goodnight, Paige."

"Goodnight, mom"

I did this weird ridiculous horse trot/walk upstairs while my foster mom just watched, probably thinking, 'this child is crazy.'

I don't exactly care much about my life now...mostly because I am used to it and I am PURRFECT...okay that's an awful pun but whatever.

This is my life.