Chapter 11- We aren't animals

I woke up and gasped as I looked around at what's around us.
Bear traps. Tons of them!

"Guys wake up!" I yelled.

"Do you ever shut up?" Jackson muttered.

"Fine...get your sh*t stuck in a trap."

That obviously made him alert since he jumped up to see tons of bear traps, a scared Adrianna hugging the cr*p outta Gary, and an emotionless Sam whom I'm still pissed off at for pushing me.

"Hello game players." The guy on our phone screens said suddenly which made me jump and almost land my hand in a bear trap.
That was truly a close one.

"You can already tell that you have to get across to the finish...without getting trapped and dying."

"Wait, I'm confused! We wouldn't really die from a bear trap wound, we'd kinda just bleed out or lose a limb" I interrupted but felt a shock in my neck.

"Smart child, but there's poison covered all over the bear traps...one touch of it on an open wound will cause...well some serious side effects."

"Side effects as in death...obviously..OW" I interrupted again and got shocked.

"May the game begin."

I quickly got up, now knowing that theirs poison makes me want to get across even quicker, but I learned during a school race, that slow and steady wins the race.

I slowly put my foot over a bear trap, and kept doing this, moving my feet one by one carefully, making sure to do the right foot placement. 

Jamie and Jackson were already across...within a time of probably 2 minutes. They are obviously very active people.

Adriannas POV:

I am scared for my life...I mean, I'm only 23...I can't die this young! No...I mean Paige is younger but I am not going to die like this.

I glanced at Gary, he glanced back at me. I love him...I've said that about many others..but I love him truly!

I noticed that Paige was getting across, she was going pretty slow but that doesn't matter does it?

I jumped over a bear trap..I smiled a bit and said "almost there."

Paige made it across along with Sam, while me and Gary are still taking our sweet time. Gary is ahead of me though.

"Adrianna watch out!"

I put my foot down and suddenly felt a bursting pain in my foot, I fell down and my hand fell into a bear trap too, I felt adrenaline rushing up my veins and my body becoming out of control.

"Adrianna?" Gary suddenly said.

I was becoming pale and I couldn't help but notice my breathing was loud and I couldn't keep my eyes focused but I managed to say,
"G....g..ooo.." but then I felt my eyes roll to the back my head and fell into darkness.

Paiges POV:

No...no..no...Adrianna was actually the only nice one here. And she died the worst death.

I gasped a bit but I didn't even cry, but why? I will never know.

Gary quickly got across, his face beat red.

I gulped as I thought of how I might be next, how any one of us could be next...and-

What the heck?!

The word 'lust' formed onto Adriannas Forehead. I feel like I know that word from somewhere...but where?

"Well done game players, you may enter the resting place again."

We quickly scurried inside the resting place, what lies ahead is unknown.