Chapter 30- Leaving You

I sat down at the table, I checked my phone and saw no messages from Jackson...I sighed, my face was strained. Now if your wondering...he hasn't come back to dayas apartment...I'm called his parents and they said I'm crazy and that he's not there but probably walking the street or something...God his parents are so ghetto, they dont give a damn about him.

I got up and walked to school...yes I'm able to go back to school. I was quiet the entire time. I kinda have mixed feelings towards him...but I don't know anymore.

"Whats wrong, Paige?" Layla asked.

"Nothing...just tired."

"Really? It looks like if you stuck your head in a bee hive and drank toilet water this morning."

I glared at Layla and quickly snapped "just because I'm not speaking much doesn't mean you get to try and act like that towards me!"

She smirked, "honey, you treat us just the same."

I noticed how correct she was...I feel stupid...wait no I don't, I'm everything but that!!!

"I'm just kidding hon" layla giggled.

I sighed but I soon got a text from Jackson. I glanced at it.
It read: Can I meet up with you later?
I thought about it for awhile and text back 'nah, some other time.'
I felt breathing near me and I glanced over and saw layla with an expression that basically said 'seriously?'
"What?" I asked dumbly.

"Seriously Paige?! You seriously declined that??"

I glanced back at the phone and back at her.
"Yes....."

"Ugh...You changed a lot after that vacation you took."

So instead of me fessing up to being kidnapped, watching people die, end up in a coma and almost die...I lied like that person I am and said i was on vacation. I got up quickly at the thought of the deaths and speed walked off.

After school I walked home immediately and stormed upstairs. I fell asleep but quickly woke up at the sound of my phone ringing . I got up and me being that unorganised person I am now, i couldn't find it until it ended. I looked at it and saw it was Jackson. I rolled my eyes and fell onto my bed and closed my eyes but they opened quickly as the phone started ringing, again.

"Oh for petes sake..." I muttered and grabbed the phone and quickly answered it.

"Jackson, What is so important that you have to tell me right now while I'm trying to sleep!?!" I growled.

"Uh...I wanted to meet your friends...."

I thought of how that would turn out...completely awful, before you could blink they would be hanging all around him, talking about boring stuff like food and what new clothes they bought. Sure I like talking about clothes, but when they talk about it they act like the it's the cutest outfit ever but really it's just something that can be worn as pajamas.

"No, next time..."

"Fine .." he muttered before hanging up.

I flopped onto my bed and closed my eyes. I just need sleep.

30 minutes later, I woke up and opened my window and looked around...I feel like theirs something I'm supposed to be remembering...what is it.....hmm. whatever it's obviously not important.

I walked outside and went for a little walk....and quickly ran back home the moment I saw a man in a black suit. I ran into my room and crawled under my bed.

The next day.
I woke up under my bed, still. I sighed and rolled out from under my bed and got dressed. I saw Jackson's ID calling me. I rolled my eyes and smirked a bit. If my phone explodes he's so going to get it.

My phone was literally vibrating way too much because of Mr.nosy calling me tons while I'm in class.

I muttered stuff while walking home....stuff like: "such a loser...wait aren't I his girl? Ugh..."

I walked inside and saw Jackson in the kitchen cooking. I tilted my head in confusion. Why is he cooking?

"Your home." He exclaimed.

"Obviously..." I muttered and glanced at the burnt tamales he cooked.

"Made with love."

I gagged and got out my phone started ordering pizza while Jackson watched.

I sat down on my couch and flipped through channels on the TV. After I couldn't find anything I went on my phone and soon Jackson came over. It's been over a week since we escaped and everyday he gets more and more annoying.

"Do you know what tomorrow is?" He asked, Obviously knowing the answer.

"Uh, April 20th..." I said in a duh voice.

He laughed a bit and I fake laughed and kept my eyes glued to the phone.

"Actually...tomorrow is my birthday."

"Oh, cool..."

I heard him sigh, he stayed in place and looked at me...for awhile.
I glanced up at him, "what?"

He looked at his feet then at me.

"I'm leaving for New York."

My jaw almost fell open but my eyes partially did.

"Wha...?" Was all I could manage to get out.

He nodded and then went on to say, "would you like to come with me?"

"Uhhhhhhhh"

"Paige....."

"No...maybe next time?"

"There will be no next time, Paige! I'm staying there."

I gulped, "I....can't go"

Jackson looked at me, then at the ground then back at me.
"Well, guess this is goodbye...."

I looked at my feet and listened to Jackson walk out...and then the door opened, I looked up at him and he looked back at me one last time just before walking out the door and into the night.

I'm a bad girlfriend....I shouldn't had said no...and I shouldn't had took advantage.

Without thinking I got up and ran outside hoping maybe his car would still be there. It wasn't.

"Jackson!!! No! I'm sorry...." I cried at nothing.

He loved me, he saved me, I took advantage and he left me.