Chapter 26- Needing the truth

Paiges POV:

"Tell us everything."

I froze up as I thought back to those days. Why do they care anyways.

"Why do you care? Last time their was an investigation, no one cares to look into details! They just labeled my mom as unknown and my dad as a suicide!" I snapped.

Brynt raised an eyebrow at me.
"What were the 'details'?"

I looked around silently swearing at what I had just said.
"For one, the reason my mom was walking to the store because the car was in the shop."

"Why was the car in the shop?"

"The tires had holes in them."

They wrote down some notes.

"Anything else?"

"Well my mom was getting him a divorce, but he stopped pills and went to drinking."

"You do know that those pills weren't prescribed to your father."

"So what, he stole them within 30 minutes? I doubt that."

Detective Lisa looked at the file once more before saying, "that's what were trying to figure out."

"...uh huh"

"Tell us about your mom."

Pain hit me hard as I thought of her. I miss her smile, her laugh, her smell...and her voice.

"She...Was very happy...but I think she was hiding something."

They finished writing notes and got up and walked towards the door.

"Thanks for the information. If you have more to tell, then please contact us." Detective Lisa said as Detective Brynt handed me their card, which I took gladly.

^^^
One day later.
Later that night I slept peacefully in my hospital bed, while Jackson slept on the couch.

I ran down the sidewalk, running after the young blonde who was paces ahead of me.
"Mother!!"

She turned around and looked at me.
"Share the truth." She said before walking into the street.

I thankfully woke up just on time so that I wouldn't see her die all over again. I noticed I was hyperventilating, I tried to call myself down so that Jackson wouldn't wake up....well too late.
He jumped up and walked over looking pretty tired but fully alert.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is it a bad dream?" He started spitting out questions.

"I have to get out of here..." I totally ignored his questions and started to get up..which hurt my bones...a lot.

"What? No, you have to stay here"

Totally ignoring him still, I grabbed my clothes that my mom obviously dropped off for me and staggered to the bathroom. I threw on a black short sleeve hoodie, silky black leggings, and black sneakers.
Jackson was muttering stuff outside the door.

I walked out the bathroom and glanced at him as I put the hoody on.
"We shouldn't do this...you should stay here." Jackson snapped.

I sighed and looked at him.
"Your right....I'm not going to leave...I need to be here..."

"Good."

"Can you get me a soda?"

He sighed and left the room. I grinned and quickly opened the hospital room window. I put my foot on the ledge and held on to the wall.
"Dont look down, don't look down, don't look down, don't look- WOAAAAAH!" I said to myself but accidentally looked down.

"Baby steps..." I said as I side stepped slowly but at the same time quickly.

I finally reached a ladder and quickly started climbing down.

I reached the bottom and quickly started running like a mad lady. I ran until I reached a small abandoned apartment building. I ran inside and ran up the flight of stairs. I remember the room number! I ran to room 201 and opened the door. Everything was the same. I felt a tear rolling down my face and quickly wiped it off and ran to my mom's room. I searched through the wardrobe and found nothing. I searched through under the bed but found nothing but dust bunnies. I I went to the drawers and opened them one by one, I found a key...but for what?

*flashback*

"Never open this box, OK?" My mom smiled while showing me the box.

I nodded and she then walked off to the closet and put it in there before locking the closet door.

*end of flashback*

The closet!! Of course!
I ran to the closet and opened it, using the key I found. It opened and reviled the box. I quickly grabbed it and opened it. I didn't have much time because I started to hear sirens coming towards the apartment.

In the box was a locket, and many letters. I opened the locket and reviled a photo of my mom and a silhouette. I heard people, aka police, rushing in. I quickly got out a letter and started reading it.

'Dear Tiffany Tree,
Your my dearest love, but dear, please understand that you didn't complete your bargain in time...I have a lot to think about...but remember, you did all this for your daughter...Its either You or your daughter.
Sincerely,
Yours truly.'

I heard the police rushing in and I quickly grabbed another letter but it fell as someone pulled me away. I glanced back and saw a cop holding me completely still, I then glanced over in front of me and saw detective Lisa and Brynt, a few cops, and Jackson.

Detective Lisa walked over, Brynt right behind her, picking up the box of letters.

"We need to talk." She said calmly.