Chapter 40- Few years later.

"Jackson, just listen to what your saying, your talking nonsense."

"No.....I'm talking......ummm"

"Dude you basically said that everyone wears a wig."

Jackson smirked.

Well, it's been two years since that awful accident. Jackson finally understands what it's like to be nice, and I finally understand that not everything is about me. If your wondering if me and Jackson are a 'thing'...we aren't, were just friends. My old friends found out about what really happened and got mad that I never told them so were not the greatest friends anymore but we still speak.

"What are you doing?" I asked Jackson who was rummaging through a chest.

"Close your eyes."

"Last time I did that, you put a pennywise mask on me."

"Just close your eyes..."

I obediently closed my eyes, waiting and waiting.

"Open your eyes."

I opened my eyes and saw Jackson wearing a big curly wig. We're at a party store because it's Jackson's birthday and he decided that looking at wigs would be amazing...you know since we're already done shopping. Yes, we shop together like those weirdos we are.

"How do I look?"

"The same except with a woman's curly afro wig."

He took off the wig and threw it back onto the shelf. We walked to the checkline and checked ourselves out just before skipping out of the store.

Once we got to my apartment we set up the small cake. Yes I have an apartment of my own, I'm 20 years old and I work as a detective. Jackson works as a lawyer. The Dayas still live in the same apartment but we only speak on birthdays and holidays.

*
*
*

I opened the apartment door, all the lights were off. I casually walked in, Jackson following me. I looked all around but then something tapped me on the shoulder and I shrieked and punched the person.

"UHG!!"

The lights turned on to reveal all my old friends standing there.

"I...omg...I'm so sorry Kayla!"

"Its just fine."

*
*
*

We partied like our life depended on it.

Life is amazing