Chapter 4- nice is hard

Chapter 4- Nice is hard

I woke up later at 6 A.M.

Overall I didn't get much sleep but it doesn't matter does it?

I put on a black crop with only one sleeve, black ripped jeans, and black boots. I combed my hair out and put on a black beanie.

I walked downstairs and sat down at the table,
"Morning Mom...Janet"

"Good morning" they both said.

Mom had outbound down two plates, I  held the same meal.
The meal was omelets and scrambled eggs. I ate my scrambled eggs then my omelet.

"How does my hair look?" I asked suddenly.

Janet sat there and my mom did too.

"Well?"

"Paige, why don't you get to walking you and Janet to school."

I sighed, why is it so hard to be nice? I mean whenever I think I'm being nice the person always sees it as rude...but that's why I act as myself, correct? That's what got me my friends, correct?
That's what got me kicked out of every single foster home, correct? Well, *sips some tea loudly* according to my notes, all of this is true and acco-.

"Paige stop drinking your tea so loud and walking me to school!"

Oh I see how it is...she gets to be rude to me but I can't slug her? She...is going to regret what she had just said to me.

"Of course!" I say with a creepy grin.

^^^

We walked to school but Janet managed to keep a steady pace with me.

"I know your only being nice to me because mom said so." Janet rudely said.

See now that's rude.

"And? Why does that matter."

"Because your afraid of going to another foster home"

"So? I don't care...last time I checked...I'm the gorgeous one here."

"Ugh...I see why no one wants to adopt you."

"Yeah and when I'm 18 and graduate high school I'll be a model while your working at a McDonald's drive thru window."

Janet didn't speak one more word. She walked in silence the whole way, I saw some dude out and was staring at us..no not us...ME, because I'm so darn beautiful.

Once we got to school I signed myself in and walked to class.
I sat way up front because I deserve to be seen.

"Miss.daya, can you answer the question for us?"

"Oh why of course!"

"Just answer the question...."

"The answer should be -4.62"

"Very good..."

So basically the entire class period was filled with lecturing and class work..not like I care.

Later in social studies...my worst subject.

I sat there like...super bored...didn't know what the heck mr.Jaxson was going on about.

"Paige?" Mr. Jaxson said.

"Oh, yes?"

"Can you answer question number four for us please"

Okay we all know that when it comes to social studies, all my brain cells disappear so, I obviously didn't know who on earth freed the slaves.

"Uhhh...."

"Do you not know?"

"Wait! I know! It was..............ME!"

With that being said, their was laughs, and some grunts and some 'are you kidding me right now.'

"That's obviously incorrect...the person who freed the slaves was the 16th president, Abraham Lincoln."

^^^

At lunch I sat with my same ol friends.

"So you told your sister that she'd be working in a drive thru window??" Livy asked with her jaw wide open.

"Yep...and that I'd be the model."

"Why can't you just try being nice to her?"

"Being nice is hard..."

"Well I hope you have fun walking home with your sister" Jesse teased.

^^^

I sat outside and waited for Janet..who was obviously taking her sweet time.

After 15 minutes she finally came out.

"Okay let's go, Janet"

"Dont tell me what to do"

"Janet I'm the older one here."

"So? Your the foster child and I'm the real child."

"Whatever...you look like the wicked witch of the west...while I'm the wicked witch of the east."

"I hate you!!" Janet yelled.

I glared at her, I've never been told that I'm hated.

"I'm the breathtaking one here...so if your really going to argue someone as splendid as me..then go walk home by yourself while I take the other way"

"Fine! Have fun in your new foster home!"

"Okay, whatever...not like I'd ever want to see your repugnant face ever again" I basically yelled while walking the other direction.

^^^

I was pretty far from the school but soon I heard a loud noise, I quickly turned around and saw a dark figure standing there.

"Hello?"

No answer.

"Can I help you?"

No answer.

"Listen you weirdo! I'm not scared of you!"

No answer.

"OKAY IM CALLING THE COPS!"

The person ran down an alley and I turned around and kept walking but then I heard footsteps coming towards me.

I quickly started running once I saw that the person had a knife, trepidation building up inside me.

"HELP ME!" I yelled.

I can't keep running, I am slowly losing my breath.

I soon got grabbed and I quickly screamed, but a white coat was soon put over my mouth and nose causing me to fall into darkness.