Chapter 7- 12 years ago

8/16.

I woke up, my eyes huge. At the time I was only 4.
My hair was in pigtails, my features were basically the same. I wore a pink tank top and white stretch pants.

I quickly got up and looked in my mirror,
"Beautiful!" I smiled before walking downstairs.

"Mother?" I called.

My mom turned from the eggs she was making.

My mom didn't have any make up on..but she still looked splendid.
Her dirty blonde hair was up in a bun, her olive skin looked brighter in the sunlight, she wore her pajamas which were grey stretch pants and a white tee shirt.

"Good morning, sweetie!" My mom smiled, but her eyes were strained, I could tell something was wrong.

"Mommy! Is daddy coming to my dance practice?"

"I...don't know sweetheart."

I grinned,
"Whatre we doing for my birthday?"

My mom smiled widely,
"We're going to the carnival."

The carnival?! I've always wanted to go there!

"Yay!"

Later at dance practice.

I did the routine, which was a pretty simple hip hop choreography.

I glanced over at my mom, she was smiling.

I grinned widely...we then had to get with a partner and make up our own choreography...but no one picked to work with the gorgeous me.

I did my choreography and in my opinion it was the best choreography ever. Afterwards class was soon over.

I hopped into my mom's Subaru and grinned. Was I upset no one picked me? Kinda but I'm the extraordinary one.

We drove for what felt like hours.

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

"Are we there yet?"

"Almost."

We finally came to a stop at the carnival, I quickly ran out, my mom ran over to me and held my hand as we walked to the entrance.

We sat at a table and waited for my father....for 30 minutes, until we decided to celebrate without him. We ate chocolate cake and went on most of all the rides there.

I noticed my mom didn't come on the merry go round with me, so after the ride was over I walked behind her and saw she was on the phone with I'm guessing my father.

"I can't believe you'd miss your daughters 5th birthday!!!" My mom yelled into the phone.

Yep, definitely my father.

I stayed quiet and decided to eavesdrop.

"No, don't Use that busy at work excuse! We all know you were laying on the couch all doped up!" My mom sighed "I can't do this anymore!" And then she hung up.

"Mommy? Are you and daddy okay?" I finally asked.

She jumped and turned around,
"Geez you scared me, Paige!"

"Sorry mommy...can you answer my question?"

She sighed,
"Your father isn't doing too well...he's still in pain from that car accident."

"Oh! Well that explains everything!" I yipped as I skipped to the car and we drove home.

^^^
I walked into our apartment room and saw father on the couch. I quickly ran over with smile on my face.

"Daddyyyyy!"

From the sound of my voice, he quickly woke up and looked at me and smiled.

"Hi pumpkin, how was dance and the carnival?"

"Oh it was enjoyable!! I wish you could've been there. Mommy told me you aren't feeling too well, get better!"

"I will pumpkin." He said as he hugged me.

I wiggled free and walked off while saying, "Toodles!"

I sat in my room, did my hair.
I heard my mom and dad in the next room over.

"You can't keep going like this!" My mom said.

"I don't want help....but I'll stop" my dad said uneasily.

"You better" my mom said with annoyance.

I got changed into my pajamas once they stopped speaking.

I lay down on my bed and closed my gorgeous deer like eyes.

My mom opened the door and walked over to my bed.

"Goodnight, sweetie."