Chapter 28- Need You To Understand

Detective Brynts POV:

I stood outside the interrogation room with Detective Lisa. Paige was inside the interrogation room handcuffed, waiting for one of us to enter.

"Look brynt I just think that it could be possible that she could've been the cause of her father's death." Lisa started.

I looked over at Paige then at Lisa again and started shaking my head.

"I think it's impossible for a 6 year old to even do all that..."

Lisa's grey eyes met my brown ones. We didn't usually disagree on cases.

"Well think about it...what if she found them and put them in her father's drink and placed the bottle in his hand?"

"Their was no drink at the scene or her finger prints."

"Well we already figured out that whoever her mother didn't pay back murdered her."

"Her father is still considered a suicide...I just don't see the picture your painting...I mean little kids can't do anything with out leaving evidence behind."

Lisa sighed and looked at me,
"Fine...I'll drop it...but why would she go back?"

"Thats something you should ask her." "Actually I'll ask her."

I walked into the room, Paige looked up at me but she quickly looked back down at the table. I took a seat across from her at the table and glanced over at Lisa and back at Paige.

"Paige...I need to ask you a few questions."

"Again...." She muttered.

I sighed.
"How did you escape the hospital?"

She gulped a bit and wiped away the tears.
"I distracted Jackson...and I walked along the edge of the building."

I was taken aback. Why on earth would she do that after she woke up from a coma?!

"And why did you do that?"

"I needed the truth...and any detective never had the brains to check the closet..."

I raised my eyebrow and quickly asked, "did you know all that stuff was in there?"

"I knew the box was in there but I didn't know what was in it."

So she knew their was something in the closet the whole time?

"What exactly did you mean when you said you thought your mom was hiding something?"

I noticed how every few seconds she was wiping tears away, real tears...I could tell she was trying to hold back the tears.

"A few days before her death she wasn't acting like herself...it was almost like she changed into a totally different person." She croaked.

I nodded, writing all this down.

"And...did you ever see that pill bottle in your father's hand before?"

"No...I never saw it before."

I nodded and got up and got up and walked outside the room. I glanced at lisa as she walked over to me.

"I don't get it...none of this makes sense."

"Shes trustworthy...the she passed the lie detector test."

I nodded and walked out the room and saw Jackson standing there.

"What now, Jackson?"

He sighed before saying, "is she being released?"

I thought about it for awhile but nodded. I walked back into the interrogation room and walked Paige out before taking the handcuffs off.

I walked to the computer and looked up Tiffany trees family tree...nothing showed up. Did she start acting weird because she knew she was going to die?

Paiges POV:

I stormed out, rubbing my wrist as Jackson was just behind me. I kept walking, ignoring Jackson calling my name...but when I was outside the building it was raining and he grabbed me and turned me around to face him. When I made no eye contact he lifted my head up so I am forced to look at him.

"Why would you go back there?" He snapped.

"I...felt like there was something else there that could help solve the true case."
I started to try and step backwards but I was leaning against a wall and Jackson's grip seemed to had gotten stronger, making my arm hurt.

"Paige you need to except the fact that their case already solved."

"Your hurting me..."

"You need to understand that it is what it is."

He let go of my arm and I quickly walked after him, hoping no one saw any of that.