38

JUNGKOOK'S POV

BANG! The gunshot made me flinched and I accidently opened my eyes. My vision instantly got blurred by the cold water, I could see thousands of cracks running across the glass, finding the weaknesses that were once invisible. My ears began to ring and muffle.

Instead of closing my eyes back, I watched Jimin-hyung. His eyes were wet as tears sat at the brink of his eyes. Hands trembling holding his gun, pointed towards my direction.

He let out another shot causing me to let out a small gasp. The air that once filled my lungs were now replaced by the cold water. Bubbles instantly going up and past my face, blurring my already blurred vision. My lungs began to burn due to the lack of oxygen.

I forced myself to move around so that the rope tied around my hands could be loosened but the water limited my movement. I began to feel myself passing out, the burning feelings in my lungs going numb. I slowly fell into the darkness.

..................................

JIMIN'S POV

"Jungkook, please wake up." I begged as I pushed his chest, giving chest compressions. My tears dripped down my face and onto his wet shirt. He gave no response, I brought my ear to his chest. His heart raced at a slow rate, slower than normal. I gave another series of push, putting all my energy and hope in every single push.

"Please, wake up..."

Suddenly Jungkook let out a cough, water came rushing out of his mouth. I quickly turned him to his side as he coughed his lungs out. I heaved a sigh of relief and took off my jacket. I put it around Jungkook's shoulder as he sat up.

"Hyung.." His lips quavered in fear as he reached his hand out to me. I pulled him into an embrace, transferring warmth to him. "I-I thought I wouldn't make it." He said, his breath hitting my neck. I rubbed his back.

No matter how strong he is at the outside, he is still the maknae with the most fragile heart..

"Don't worry, I'm here." I ran my hand through his hair slowly. "As long as I'm here, you're okay." I pulled away and looked at him. He nodded.

My body suddenly twitched as electricity coursed through me. A yell of pain tried to escape my mouth but my jaw was slack and unable to move. Jungkook's eyes widened at the sight of me struggling on the floor.

"Hyung!" He helped me sat up as I panted. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "An hour has passed, we need to get going." 

..............................

3RD PERSON'S POV

  He woke up with a thudding headache, cursing as he tried to open his eyes. His eyes squinted at the brightness that came from the light placed on the ceiling right above him. The first thing that caught his attention was the temperature of the unknown place. And also the somewhat familiar smell of the place. 

Smell of wet irons and faeces. A usual smell for a torture room.

What kind of freezing hell is this? He thought before trying to get up but failed miserably when pain pierced through his body leaving him no choice but to lay back against the freezing floor. He whipped his head towards his side and saw another person, knees brought to his chest, hands around them, head buried into his knees.

"H-Hoseok.." Yoongi called out. He tried to move his arm only to realized that it had deformed. He groaned in annoyance.

Bitterly cold temperature and a broken arm - what a wonderful combination..