51

His eyes averted back and forth between the security camera on top of the tree and at the people walking on the street. His eyes then shifted to another security camera a few meters away from the first camera, too far for his liking.

But good enough for the kidnapper's.

Hanni tugged on his sleeve. Taehyung raised his eyebrows, asking through his eyes.

"They are too far from each other, aren't they?" Hanni stated exactly what was in Taehyung's mind.

Taehyung simply nodded. " And they are not panning around, facing only one direction." His tone was serious, eyes digging hole into the cameras.

"Which mean more blind spots."

"Exactly."

Taehyung sighed before running his hand through his hair. "I think we need Hoseok-hyung's help to get the cameras' footage." He fished out his phone from his coat. "Imma give him a call."

Hanni nodded at him before he walked away. She scanned the area once again, trying to picture the possible way the kidnapper could snatch away the kids without being witness.

This place is literally in the middle of this neighborhood, how come no one saw it?

And the fact that it happened after the kids went to the playground, which mean before the moon even appear..is just..

Incredible.

Her eyes wandered around, not really looking at anything.

Unless there was actually a witness.

Then, something clicked.

Could it be the kidnapper is someone that is unexpected to be? She gasped at her own assumption. It was not a baseless assumption. There wasn't any witness as what Detective Song had told her. But what if, what if the witness themselves didn't know that they had witnessed a kidnapping and assumed that it was just a normal encounter of a kid with someone?

If that's the case, the only possible option is that the kidnapper is someone that they either know or comfortable with.

Or just someone who the kids found harmless.

Parents, relatives...

"Hanni!" Jungkook yelled right beside her, throwing her off her feet and almost crashing into a car. She pulled out her fist, threatening to punch him while her mouth busy mumbling some incoherent words, eyeing him upside down.

Jungkook scrunched up his nose at her as he looked down at her, mocking her height. Hanni rolled her eyes before kicking him on the shin. Jungkook hissed in pain, and now it was him mumbling words.

"So, do you find any security camera?" Hanni asked like nothing happened.

Jungkook shook his head, his coconut hair bounced and flopped back onto his forehead, covering his eyes slightly. "I got a kiss instead."

Hanni pulled a disgusted face. "I don't want to hear about it." She began to walk away to find Taehyung.

"It was from a kid!" Jungkook defended himself and stomped his feet towards her. His face flushed in pink and a pout could be seen hanging on his face.

.......................................

"Here's the footage." Hoseok handed Taehyung the USB drive. "I've identified people that appeared too just in case."

Taehyung looked at him in awe. "Aww, hyung. You really know what I need." He gripped the USB drive tightly. "Thank you, you're a big help."

"Are you onto a case?" The older asked, folding his hands against his chest and leaning against the door frame.