41

3RD PERSON'S POV

Jimin groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. He must have fainted because of blood loss. He instantly saw his bandaged thigh. Even in that state, he managed to pull a mocking smile.

I thought they had lost all their sympathy. He raised his head and looked around. The boys with the exception of Yoongi and Hoseok, were all seated around him, hands tied behind the wooden chair that they were sitting on. All of them had their head hung down, eyes to the floor. Blood dripping from their chin, painting the floor in scarlet. Jimin's eyes fell onto his feet weakly.

It's my fault.

"Jimin." The said boy shot his head up at the familiar voice. Namjoon smiled at him that somewhat gave him a cozy feeling despite his chapped lips, stained with dried blood. Much to his dismay, his guilt began to build up and cling onto him.

That chapped, bloody lips probably won't be there if he never threw out his suggestion. Maybe, maybe if he thinks more about the sequence of his suggestion, that lips would probably be as healthy as it always be. Maybe, if he shut the devil inside him, everything will be okay.

Jimin's eyes dropped from Namjoon's face. "I'm sorry. It was all my fault."

Namjoon wanted to hug Jimin right then and there, but his tied hands were stopping him. He wanted to tell Jimin that it wasn't his fault, but he knew it wouldn't bring any comfort.

How can you feel comfort when the words that came out of your mouth is the cause of the pain of your loved ones?

How?

Jimin didn't know the answer.

Neither did Namjoon.

"It's okay, Jimin." Namjoon finally spoke after rearranging his thoughts. " Even if it's your fault, even if it's your mistakes.." Jimin averted his eyes towards Namjoon. " ..let's try make it up to something."

"We can't fix it but let's try make it up..by surviving." Namjoon flashed a reassuring smile. Jimin pursed his lips before nodding slowly.

"Yeah, it's not like we're dead." Jimin whipped his head to where the voice came. A small smile tugged on Seokjin's lips.

Jimin let out a chuckle. "You look quite okay,hyung." Jimin examined Seokjin's face. His face was clear of bruise, there were only some scratches. "They didn't beat you up?"

Seokjin shook his head. "I'd rather stay still and listen to their order than letting their filthy hands land on my face." He winked to the younger. Jimin grinned at Seokjin's attempt to light up the situation.

Guess it was a success.

Jimin averted his eyes towards Taehyung, whose body was slightly leaned forward. "Tae, are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Don't lie."

"I broke my nose."

"What?!" Jimin's scream woke Jungkook up from his slumber. He looked around and heaved a sigh of relief. Relieved that his hyungs were still alive and breathing. "Which of them did it? Let me kill him." Jimin looked around but no one was there except for themselves.

"I think it was because of the fall." Taehyung looked up, dried blood staining the area around his mouth. "I fell flat on my face."

The door suddenly flung opened. "Well,well." Jennie walked into the room like a fucking runway, Lisa trailed behind her. "You guys are awake." One by one, the Got7 members entered the room. Each one of them had a mask – either holding it with their hands, or letting it rest on their head. All of them stood in a straight line, right behind Jennie.

"What a heart-warming reunion." She slowly made her way towards Jimin before holding up her wristwatch to her eyes. "But, look at the time."

Jimin gritted his teeth. He knew what she was referring to.

"5 seconds left."

The choker.

The other members began to look around, wondering what is going to happen, except for Jungkook. He had his head turned away from Jimin, eyes shut, unable to witness the scene that was going to unfold in a few seconds. If his hands were free, he would have closed his ears.

"What is it, Jimin?" Namjoon exclaimed. The level of panic rose up when Jimin shut his eyes tight, his teeth biting into his lower lips. 

And the scene unfolded right in front of them. Jimin's voice echoed, piercing everyone's ears as the current ran through his body. It felt like minutes but was actually for only a few seconds. Jimin's body twitched uncontrollably at the sudden shock.

Seconds passed and the shock stopped. Jimin's heavy breath filled the room. His head tilted to his right slightly. Blood ran down his nose. His eyes half-closed.

"Fantastic." Jennie grinned before turning around to face the other boys. "So, I assume you guys are all apart of Robinhood?"

No answer. Small giggles came from her own team. "Who cares about that anyway." She shrugged to brush off the embarrassment. She began to circle around the boys. "After the game is over, I will let you guys go.." She stopped to arrange her thoughts. "..but I need one of you to replace Mark's place. Your job is planning our games and make sure it runs as smoothly as possible." She crossed her hands over her chest. "Anyone interested?"

"I will do it." Namjoon voiced out. The other boys yanked their head towards him in an inhuman speed, it could break their neck.

"What are y-" Namjoon shushed the oldest. He shook his head slowly with a gentle smile, a smile that screams confidence.

He knew what he was doing.

It was a plan.

Seokjin stared at him, eyes full of worries, eyebrows creased in concern, but he finally gave up and looked away. It was no use.

Namjoon has made his decision.

"So, what's your role in Robinhood?" She stood before him.

He looked up to her. "I'm the leader." Jennie's eyes popped out in surprise. Got7 members gasped and began to mumble to each other. They weren't expecting the one who gave himself to their team is the leader. A position that can be considered as the most important.

Like the king in a chess game.

Jennie smirked. "So.." She brought her face to Namjoon's eye level. "..am I on my way to 'checkmate'?" She shortened the gap between her and Namjoon's face. Her breath hitting the latter's face.

Namjoon chuckled before tilting his head. "Maybe, who knows?"

Bitch, you thought.

....................................

MY EXAM HAS ENDED! YEAY~~

I was planning to update yesterday but I was so tired from riding 2 buses and 2 monorails to get home from college ( it's a long journey I know, pity me)

But now here I am with another chapter.

But, I need to tell you something.

I have something coming up. A comic.

One of my local company is searching for young comic artists as many as they can. So I was planning to send them mine. If I succeed, my comic will get a chance to be uploaded on their website and possibly got published.

So, after today, I will be focusing more on it and I possibly will update less. I'm really sorry. I will try to update if I can.

If any of you wonder, the comic is about youth, inspired by BTS Universe and it's going to be in my native language which is Malay ( Malaysian reader raise your hand heh )

Probably gonna upload it on webtoon.

Maybe, who knows?