49

The sounds of the clock ticking echoed through the room, going alternately with the continues clicking sounds of a pen colliding with a desk. The busy man sat at the desk sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. His messed-up hair pictured what was happening in his brain.

As he was about to reach his coffee, the door to his room crept open. His hand retreated from the cup, eyes focused on the figure standing at his door, eyebrows raised, questioning the person's presence.

"Your phone." Youngjae handed Namjoon the gadget. "We're not fully trust you yet so we deleted everything involving your ex-members." He said, emphasizing the last word.

Namjoon nodded. It was expected. Nothing weird.

"What about my earpiece?"

"Gone." With that, Youngjae left the room.

Namjoon blinked before leaning back, screaming internally at the thought of needing to find a way to communicate with his boys without Got7 knowing.

His mind suddenly flew back to the first time he gathered together with the Got7 members. The fact that they seemed to hate Jennie was still confusing him. And it wasn't only one of them that hate her, but all of them.

"They're my pawns." Jennie's words lingered inside his head and he nodded to himself.

I would hate her too. Just for that reason only.

But then.. A crease spread across his forehead.

Why didn't they get rid of her?

He answered his own question a second later.

Maybe because she is Jaebum's girlfriend.

And he nodded to himself again.

...........................................

"Honey." Jimin called out slowly at the girl lying on the couch of his hospital room.

Hanni eyes fluttered open at the nickname. Ever since they were officially together, the name seems to have a whole new feeling layered underneath it. It sends tingles and butterflies into her.

She then answered, "Oh, you're awake." She sat up, not bothering to fix her messy hair, sticking out in weird directions. She walked towards Jimin's bed and sat on the leather chair.

"How is it going with the case?" He looked over to her, expecting a good answer.

"Oh." Light could be seen appearing through her eyes. "Hella good." A thumbs up came into Jimin's sight making him chuckled. "I got a whole lot more information from my friends than the media."

Jimin nodded proudly as he fixed Hanni's hair gently.

"And we're planning to go to the crime scene today." She continued.

"Where is it?"

"A playground. Well, it's not exactly the place the crime happened..." She paused for a bit before continuing, "It's the place the victims went before they were kidnapped."

"All of them?"

"Yup."

Both of the went silent for a moment. Jimin inhaled nervously and took Hanni's hand. Hanni looked at him in confuse, eyebrows raised.

Jimin smiled at her, "Be careful."

Hanni snorted, "Of course I will. Just trust me."

"I am." His smile wider. "That's why I'm not worried."

I'm just afraid.

Afraid of the unexpected.

"By the way, speaking about trust.." Jimin hummed in response. "Why do you guys trust me so much?"

Jimin raised his eyebrows, questioning the question.

"I mean.. I could be a spy or something?" Hanni shrugged.

Jimin chuckled at her thought, "So, you mean you could've betrayed us?" Hanni nodded.

Jimin then brought his face closer to her, sending her to sink into her seat.

"We will kill you then." A smirk appeared on the silver-haired boy's face.

"But you love me." Hanni blinked as she whispered, genuinely surprise.

"Oh right.." Jimin backed away with an eye smile.

Hanni rolled her eyes. "So,why?"

"Because it's you."

"Stop being cheesy."

"Okay,okay.." The boy gave up in teasing her and began to think the reason behind the genuine trust that were there right from the beginning.

"Well.." Jimin trailed off as his thoughts lingered in his head. "Maybe because you're the daughter of Bang Shi Hyuk-nim, the person our parents trust the most."

"Oh.." She nodded.

"I hope we can trust you for a long time."

.......................................

I'm sorry for the late af update but I just started uni so I am very busy.

I hope you guys understand.

I might update really slow started from this chapter.

The story is getting a bit more complicated too.

I'm very sorry.

Lots of love.