48

Hanni glanced at her wristwatch.

It's lunch time! She quickened her steps to the police station. As she almost reached the door, a female officer appeared from behind the door.

"Oh, Hanni!" The officer greeted, a cup of coffee in her hand.

Hanni stopped at her track for a moment before approaching the officer. "Taeyeon-Unnie!"

"What brings you here?" Officer Kim threw her hand around the younger's shoulder and dragged her away from the police station.

A somewhat dangerous place.

"It's teatime." Hanni cocked her eyebrows with a smug face.

Officer Kim blinked once before pulling a smirk. "Of course, how can I didn't think of that?" She snorted. "I spill the hottest tea. We been knew."

....................................

"So, which tea you want me to spill?" Officer Kim sipped her coffee. Hissing at the bitterness. The coffee sent warmth through her freezing hands, a hint that the winter was near.

They were in a small coffee cafe. Strong aroma of coffee and the sweet scent of various type of pastries filled the air, soaking into one's clothes. The usual harsh sound of the coffee machines could be heard over the murmur of the customers and workers.

Hanni stirred her Latte. She looked up from her cup. "The kidnapping case." Hanni's eyes changed from the usual joyful one to more serious one.

Officer Kim raised one of her eyebrows, a little taken aback by the sudden vibe that came from Hanni. "I never saw you like this."

Hanni blew an air through her nose as she smiled. "Nah..it just the case is pissing me off."

Officer Kim nodded, agreeing with the girl sitting across the table. "I agree. I'm actually ashamed..." She leaned back, sinking into her seat. Sighing, she continued, "The police was trying so hard to hide it from the media but thank god, they failed. They even try to close the case when in fact, none of the victims are found yet. "

Officer Kim let out a heavy sigh before inhaling a mouthful of air and exhaled it instantly as she exclaimed. "If I'm the Senior Superintendent, I would have fire those assholes!" The piercing eyes of the other customers left her unbothered. She continued to rant. " I don't know what the hell is wrong with them." She huffed. "Being police yet so corrupted!" She whisper-yelled, aware of the hotness of the tea she was spilling.

"So, I assume that they want to hide it for their own good?" Hanni stuffed a cream puff into her mouth.

Officer Kim nodded though she hoped that she could shake her head instead, denying the reality. "For a lot of reasons."

She was about to continue but Hanni cut her off, "Double standard..." A smirk plastered on her face, her eyes dark. "..am I right, Unnie?"

"Oh..." Officer Kim sat up properly, shifting slightly in her seat. "That's right."

"And they don't want to waste money."

"Yup."

"And.." Hanni gulped down her Latte before pulling a mocking smile, "..the most important reason would be.."

Officer Kim swallowed the lump in her throat unknowingly.

"..because they wanted to secure the image of South Korea as one of the safest country..." Hanni stared deep into the officer's eyes.

Again, Officer Kim swallowed but this time with a small nod.

"Safe county, more tourist..." Hanni crossed her hands against her chest, leaning back into her seat. "More tourist, more money."