58

"So," Namjoon began, his arms crossed against his chest. "I'm still wondering why did you think of me as the king?" His eyes followed the black-haired girl as she walked towards the mini fridge in her hotel room.

Jennie glanced at him and smirked. She pulled open the fridge door and took out a wine bottle. "Because you're the leader. King means leader." She poured the content into the glass in her hand, half full. "A team without a leader is nothing but a flop." Her lips curled up slightly.

"Yeah– "

"Helloooo Bitches." Hanni announced her arrival, slamming the door open and Jennie almost spit out her wine. "What's poppin'?" She wiggled her eyebrows. Jus like Namjoon, she let the door somewhat opened, so that it won't automatically locked.

"W-Why are you here?" Jennie looked back and forth between Namjoon and Hanni. The wine glass was no longer in her hand but instead was already placed on the table beside her bed.

Hanni raised her eyebrows at Namjoon, signaling him to explain to her. Namjoon just shrugged, tilting his head to the side a bit.

"I may or may not have asked your bodyguard to yeet themselves from here." The corner of Namjoon's lips twitched. "I'm one of your people too you know." He entangled his hands and shoved them into his pockets, shifting his weight from one foot to another. "They trust me as much as they trust you."

Jennie's eyes were still fixed on Hanni who was busy picking at her nails, tongue picking out of her mouth.

Hanni's body suddenly shivered, sensing a dark aura around her. She peeked through her bangs. "Oh." She stared at Jennie with her eyes half-lidded and flapped her hands around. "Go on with your conversation. Just pretend that I'm not here."

Even if Jennie wanted to do the exact same thing and pretends that Hanni wasn't exist, she couldn't. The girl's annoying continues sounds of footsteps as she walked around the room was like an announcement of her whereabouts. And Jennie couldn't help but notice how Hanni would peek inside her drawer, under the table, or under the blanket with her mouth mumble-singing – "Nail clipper, nail clipper, where are you~?" to the melody of a nursery rhyme Jennie couldn't remember the title.

Jennie finally gave up and groaned, "Can you shut the fuck up?"

"I didn't say anything?"

"You sang!"

"And I oop– " Hanni put her hand on her mouth and blinked her eyelids multiple times before snickering at the black-haired girl who now was as red as a tomato and trembling and huffing like a sizzling kettle. She laid down on Jennie's bed and made herself comfortable. "Fine. I will just lie down here."

And no shit she wasn't making any noise, but her presence alone to Jennie was like a wet shirt sticking at her sweaty body in a scorching hot day.

Annoying. As. Hell.

"Wh-"

"Alright, let's get back to our conversation," Namjoon cut Jennie off. "So, you think I'm the king because I'm the leader?"

Jennie nodded, the figure on her bed had been chased away from her mind.

"Guess what?"

"Um?"

"I'm not."

Jennie scoffed. "Then what are you?" She raised one of her eyebrows. "The queen?"

"I am." Namjoon nodded. "I help command not rule."

Jennie scowled. "Then, who's the king?"

Namjoon shrugged. "All of us. As a team."

The scowl on Jennie's forehead grew more intense. "What the hell are you even saying?"

"In chess games," Namjoon walker closer towards her, head high. "It's over when you got checkmated, right?"

Jennie didn't react at first but nodded her head when Namjoon stopped just a few inches before her.

"We-Robinhood," He cracked a small smile. "...is not like that."

Jennie unknowingly gulped.

"Kill a member, others strive harder. It's not over until we all got killed."

The girl sniggered. "The hell is this? 'All for one and one for all' shit?"

Again, Namjoon shrugged, hand still fixed in his pockets. "Kinda. It's se-I mean eight minus one or two or three and it will always equal to eight shit because believe me, even if there's only one member left, Robinhood gonna stay alive."

"Unlike you guys."

Jennie flinched at the words. "What do you mean?"

"Once Jaebum's gone, it's over." Namjoon spat, mockery layered in his voice.

Jennie clenched her fist, "E-Even if he's g-gone, they still have me."

"That's why."

"Huh?"

Namjoon shortened the gap between his face and Jennie's. Jennie stayed still, confident but her eyes wavered under Namjoon's intense gaze.

"Your boys hate you." Namjoon uttered, breath fanning Jennie's face. "They put up with your annoying ass because Jaebum loves you and they respect him."

Her fingers curled tighter they turned white. Namjoon leaned in to whisper to her ear.

"Check."

..........................

Finally! An update!

I'm sorry this was short but I was busy.

Thank you for reading!

Lots of love <3