Chapter Four

Chapter Four

You woke up on your own and sat up in your bed. You probably weren't asleep for very long, but if you really were here for an eternity, it didn't really matter either way you supposed. You stood up an walked out your room, maybe finding some others would be nice right now. You opened your door and scrunched your face up in confusion. How did you open up to the kitchen instead of the hallway? That's... not right. In your sleepy state, you decided to question it later and get a glass of water. Your throat felt unbearably itchy for some reason. It was getting painful now, actually. Tears welled up as you began to cough, can dead people get sick? I guess if it has to do with making the afterlife more comforting somehow? This is pretty lame though, you thought as you coughed violently into your fist. It felt like something was lodged in your throat and it wouldn't move. You began to panic and cry at the pain. What the fuck is wrong with me?

It finally felt like whatever was there was moving; the relief was small but still welcomed. You grabbed a napkin and grossly hacked into it to see a mass of small spiders flying from your throat. What the fuck What the fuck What the fuck Spiders began crawling all over your arm, and although you had coughed them all up, you could feel some crawling on your face. You screamed in a panic and clawed at your face to get them off. You turned on the facet and stuck your spider covered arms under the water. The panic was locking all your muscles as you desperately tried to get the rest of them off. You were going into hysteria right when you looked around and realized you weren't in the kitchen anymore. And, more importantly, there weren't spiders anymore. You were in the living room What the hell was that? You took a breath of relief. However, the relief was gone just as soon as it came as you felt your body sinking into the floor beneath you. You screamed, "Help! Someone, come help me!! Jason, Suki!! Quince?!" You began crying again, "SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE!" you were waist deep into the floor when suddenly it all went completely dark.

"(y/n)? (y/n), wake up." Quince called out. He was shaking your shoulder lightly and you opened your eyes quickly. You took several deep breaths. "You were crying in your sleep. Are you alright?" He pushed away some of your tears. Your lip trembled.

"I just had a scary dream, I guess," You were pretty embarrassed, but in your vulnerable state you latched onto the boy in front of you and buried your tears in his shirt. He tensed at first, but quickly shifted and wrapped his arms around you.

"I... I'm sorry, (y/n). I should've mentioned the nightmares. Most people have trouble sleeping at first."

You pulled away and sniffled, "Thanks for waking me up. What time is it?" You asked without thinking.

Quince ruffled your hair a little, "Doesn't really matter, sweetheart."

"Sweetheart?"

"Is it ok to call you pet names?"

"Yeah," you thought about it for a moment, "I'm not used to it, but I don't mind them."

Quince stood up. "Such a good girl," He said quietly. That caused the blood to rush to your face, so you just decided to ignore the comment.

"What's everyone else doing?"

"Jason is reading, Don and Jenna are still in their rooms I believe, and Suki, Dianna, and Ryo are playing cards."

"Oh," you thought about this for a moment. "What are you going to do?"

"Probably read. It's been a while since I sat down and read something."

"Can I ask you something, Quince?"

He smiled, "Of course, what's bothering you?"

You waited for a moment. You were nervous to ask, honestly. "Do I get to know how I died?" The smile left his face and he grew solemn.