Chapter Seven

You felt you had enough rest as you stood and stretched. Just before you were about to exit your room, Jenna opened your door. Guess I'll have to lock it? Or maybe just ask her to be more considerate...

"Oh, Hi Jenna... and Don? Thank you for welcoming yourself into my room," You couldn't help your slight frustration.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I just wanted us to discuss the other members," Jenna explained.

"Jenna. You're being totally weird about this. What is there to discuss?" You questioned.

"We could discuss how hot Dianna is," Don suggested. He seemed to be taking it just as seriously as you did.

"You think she's hot?" You were surprised. "She's kinda really scary if you ask me."

"Yeah," he had a sloppy grin. "You don't find that hot?"

"I mean..."

"Guys!" Jenna interrupted, "Could you please take this seriously? I've been in the library and I found something suspicious." You and Don fell silent. She actually found something?

"Well? Spill," Don requested.

"This book has several pages ripped out," she held up a book you didn't recognize. You sighed at her revelation.

"So? I have enough on my mind without being suspicious of everyone here," you sighed. "Can't you just go along with it? It'll be easier for you." You felt Quince's words come back to haunt you. Well, I guess he had a point... That I agreed with.

"I can't do that, (y/n)! this is my existence and I refuse to just 'let things happen,'" she retaliated. You shrugged.

"I can understand why you feel that way, truly. But if there isn't more concrete evidence for anything fishy, I'm just not going to be freaked out," you explained.

"Fine. I will try to respect your decision," Her gaze then softened. "Be careful, (y/n). I have a weird feeling about all this." You knew she was being kind, but you were struggling to not roll your eyes. Everyone was paying you special attention because you were nice! You were friendly, and kindness begets kindness, doesn't it?

"What, you don't care about my wellbeing?" Don teased.

"Get fucked, Don," you laughed. "Also get out of my room, both of you, please. I am leaving."

"What are your plans?" Don questioned.

"I don't know. Have you seen Jason?" You asked, thinking about the vague plans you made with him earlier.

"No, but Suki is watching movies," Don suggested. You decided that sounded like an ok idea for now and headed out the door. You held it open for the other two and ushered them out

"I guess I'll head there then. See you guys around!"

You tried to remember the way to the tv room as you walked around the weird hallways. You think the house might just be trying to swallow you whole at this point. You should really explore some of these rooms sometime. If they're still here when I come back, that is... you shook your head, trying to dispel the thoughts. Why would the doors change and disappear? That's silly and the stuff of nightmares. Still, you wouldn't put it past the higherups to fuck with you. You finally found some doors you recognized and picked up the pace. You found the right room and saw Don was right, there was Suki watching what looked like Kill Bill.

"Suki!" You bounced over to the couch, "Can I watch with you?" She looked happy to see you as she pulled you into a quick embrace before you sat next to her on the couch.