Happy Holidays!

So this is like, something that could have happened but didn't. Not canon, but definitely within the realm of possibilities, you know?

Christmas Oneshot- Ryo and Suki

You found yourself smiling. You felt warm inside, from both the hot coco, and the sense of comradery that came with a Christmas celebration. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves—at least a little bit. Even Ryo was happy—well. He wasn't frowning. That was a small improvement. You giggled as you sipped your coco, and Quince came to sit by you.

"Have you enjoyed today, (y/n)?" He smiled.

"I have! It's been so much fun. Thanks for letting us do this," you spoke genuinely.

"Of course! If I had said no, that would make me an asshole," tilted his head.

"Yeah, you're right," you replied mercilessly. Almost everyone in the room was taking turns staring at you. Despite the differences they had, everyone could agree that you had been exceptionally cute today. You had been blushing and laughing without restraint all morning. It was a good look on you. Deciding you needed a new drink, you stood from your seat, "I'm going to the kitchen, would anyone like me to grab them anything?" you offered.

"If you can, I'd love a cup of coffee," Jason asked as he looked up from his book. You nodded and glanced around the room to see if anyone else wanted anything. Seeing that no one did, you turned and made your way forward. With a spring in your step, you quickly made it to the kitchen.

What you didn't notice was Ryo following you close behind until he spoke to you. "You've been cheery today," was all he said.

You whirled around in surprise, "Ryo!" you exclaimed. "Geez, you don't gotta scare me like that!" He smiled softly at your frustration. The expression was... oddly tender on him. You huffed and began to prepare a fresh pot of coffee.

"It's too easy to scare you for me to stop," he teased.

"Well, it's not very nice," you frowned.

"Well, I'm not very nice, princess," Ryo leaned on the counter. You rolled your eyes at this.

"Yeah, whatever. What'd you follow me for, anyway? You want some coffee?"

"That's not it," he said without answering anything. Ryo seemed to really enjoy tormenting you! And on Christmas no less.

"Well, what is it then?" you retorted.

"Why should I tell you?" He shot back. You decided to give up as you waited for the coffee to be done. The day had been really nice so far, you weren't going to ruin it by arguing with some asshole.

"Have you had a good day, at least?" you asked as you opted to sit on the counter.

"The best Christmas I've ever had," Ryo's reply was surprisingly honest. For the millionth time that day, you smiled warmly. Even if he was a bit of a dick, you were glad that he was happy.

"I'm glad. What's been your favorite part?"

"Watching..." was all he said before stopping himself.

"Watching...? What?" you raised an eyebrow at him. He said nothing for a few moments and seemed to be thinking about his answer. While you waited, you looked in the cabinets near you for the best mugs.

"Just watching people interact. We aren't always around each other. Or at least we weren't until your group came along," Ryo eventually replied. You got down from the counter and put some sugar in both mugs before pouring the bitter coffee in.