• | 10 | •

A V A

Sam.

Sam was the one who texted me.

Right now I was in my car, driving to the airport.

* F L A S H B A C K *

I was thinking about the letter that Blake sent, but I got a text from someone.

I picked up my phone to see who texted me.

My heart started beating rapidly and my breath hitched.

Sam texted me, I never though he'll respond...but he did.

The text wrote.

Ava I am so so so sorry, I shouldn't have left you on read, you were already having trouble after your grandmas death but me being the horrible best friend I am. I ignored you, I am so sorry for that childish move I made.

I shouldn't have ignored you, I should have helped you through your problem and tell you that I would always be there for you no matter what...

I'm in Cali right now, I know you're mad at me but I need to talk to you about something, I'll be waiting in the airport. Xx

- Sam

I stared at my phone for a minute before a huge smile spread across my face, I need to see Sam it feels like it's been years since I last saw him.

I change into some ripped jeans and a black and white stripped halter top.

I ran and grabbed my keys off the kitchen counter and made my way to my car.

But then I stopped in my tracks, I need to meet Blake too.

I could just text him and tell him I might come late.

And just like that I opened the drivers side door of my car and started up the car.

* E N D    O F    F L A S H B A C K *

Once I reached the airport I instantly recognised Sam.

He was standing near the exit of the airport leaning against a wall with his head looking down at his phone.

He was wearing a hat on his head.

That's strange he hates hats, he says that it ruins his hair.

I shrugged my shoulder, maybe he likes them now, people can change.

I run up to him and give him a tight hug, he first was shocked but then he relaxes and hugs me back.

"Oh my god Sam I missed you so much, this is all my fault I should have told you about me moving sooner" I say while hugging him.

" I missed you too, I understand...but it was my fault too I should have responded to your text, anyways let's stop talking about this...how's your new school, made any friends?" He says.

"Yeah I've made two friends so far, one is my neighbour her name is Rose and the other one is Conner" I reply.

There is no need of telling him about Blake, because we aren't really close yet.

"Cool, cool...so I need to tell you something so I was wondering if we could go somewhere where I could explain" He says.

I look at my watch and see it's already 5 I need to go see Blake in an hour.

"Um actually I need to be somewhere in a hour, so how about I drop you off to my house first? Then you can explain everything when I come back,"

"Oh um yeah sure, no problem" he says.

I help him put the luggage at the back of the boot then I walk to the drivers side while he walks to the passenger side of my car.

"So how long are you staying here for?" I question him while looking at him for a second then back at the road.

"For just 3 weeks, I have school but they allowed me to come here for a few weeks" he replies.

"Oh, how did the school allow you to come without a reason?" I ask.

"Ava I'll explain everything later, I promise" he says.

I look at him once more but he had a blank face, no emotions.

It's like he's hiding something from me...

I let it go because he might be tired, so instead I just nod and focus on the road.

Once we reach my house I get his luggage and bring it into the guest bedroom.

When I come out of the room I find him sitting in the living room fiddling with his fingers.

He looked nervous but scared at the same time.

Just then I revive a text from Blake.

Blake: It's fine, you don't need to come to the park I have something to do anyways.

Um Ok?

I guess I have more time to spend with Sam.

"Hey Sam do you want anything to eat, we could watch a movie if you want" I say while entering the living room.

He looks up from his hands and looks at me, he shakes his head.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" He questions

"Nah it got cancelled, what did you want to tell me?" I ask.

I walk up to him and sit next to him, just then I realised he had bruises on his arm and he had dried blood on his nose.

"Oh my god!, what's up with your hand and face?" I question getting worried.

I picked up his hand and he winced, I quickly let go of it.

In the airport I was too excited to see him that I didn't realise this.

"Oh—um it's nothing" he said looking away from me.

He's hiding something from me...

"Sam" I said sternly looking at him dead in the eye.

He sighed and started talking "Ava, I haven't told you this, and I'm sure you're going to hate me for not telling you but...I—I" but he got cut off by my phone ringing.

I look at who was calling me and it was Rose.

"Just give me a second, it's Rose" I tell him.

And answer the phone and Rose starts yelling at me for leaving her at the party, I explain to her what happened then she tells me what she did at the party.

After a few minutes of us talking I tell her I need to go, we say our goodbyes then I cut the call.

"I'm sorry I took long" I apologise.

"No, no it's fine" he smiles at me but it looked fake.

What is it with people and fake smiles? First Blake now Sam.

"So what did you want to tell me"

what he says next makes me shed tears of sorrow.

This cannot me happening...

•••

A/N
Haha another cliffhanger 😂
Don't forget to vote and follow💕
~ Yumna💚