• | 12 | •

A V A

I opened the front door to be greeted by a smiling Rose.

"Hey Ava, I'm going to be picking you up for school since there's no point in taking two cars if we're both going to meet in the same place" she says.

I just nod and rub my eyes while reaching for a granola bar on the table.

I quickly head upstairs to get my school bag, I then knock on the guest room door and wait for Sam to open up.

After a few minutes he opens the door and I tell him that I'm heading off to school.

Once I said my goodbyes to Sam I walk out of the house while shutting the door behind me.

"Who's that boy?" Rose questions.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, that's Sam he's one of my closet friends"I say while getting in the passenger side of her car and putting the seat belt on.

Rose just nods and starts up the engine.

The whole way to school, the ride was silent except for the soft music playing in the background.

This was kind of weird though, I didn't except Rose to be quiet, most of the time She's very talkative.

I don't question her about it though, I won't force her to tell me what's wrong, if she wants to tell me she'll tell me when she's ready.

Once we reach school, we both get out to the car and head inside the school building.

"Hey, Ava I um need to tell you something...I'll tell you at lunch, I don't think I have enough time to tell you now" She says.

"Yeah no problem" I say while smiling.

We say goodbye and we head to our own separate classes.

Once I reach my math class I sit in the usual spot, the seat near the window.

After I found out that Blake sat beside me on the first day of school I moved seats and decide to sit near the window, I don't need Blake to distract me in any of the classes.

I stare out of the window when I am suddenly pulled out of my chair.

"I told you to stay away from Blake you bitch, how many times do I have to tell you that Blake. Is. Mine" Bertha said.

"Oh my god, and how many times do I have to tell you that He is all yours I have no Interest in him" I say while stepping away from her grip on my shirt.

"Then care to explain why you were with Blake during the party on Friday?" She said sassily while crossing her arms.

"Listen Bertha, I wasn't in my right senses, I don't even remember half of the things that happed there" I say while sitting back on my seat again.

"Whatever" she said while rolling her eyes "Just stay away from him or you'll regret it" she continues then walks away.

Yes, Bertha still pushes me around for 'stealing Blake away from her'

The entire time I was In math I felt someone staring at me from the back.

When I turned around I saw no one staring at me.

Weird...

After all my other classes were over I headed to the cafeteria for lunch.

I spotted Rose and Blake sitting beside each other on the table already.

Where's Conner?

I walked up to them and sat down on the seat opposite from Rose.

"Hey guys" I said while smiling

"Hey" Rose replied but she wasn't the cheerful person she normally is.

What's wrong with her? I'll ask her about it on the way back home.

Blake looked up from his food and nodded his head as a reply and looked back down at his food.

The entire lunch time Conner never came.

Where the hell is this dude?

When lunch was over we all got up from the table and headed for our next class.

Blake walked ahead of us which left me and Rose behind.

"Where's Conner?" I ask her.

"Uh he didn't come to school today" she says.

I look at her for her to continue.

"it's a long story I'll tell you everything later" Rose sighs.

And with that said, she walks off not waiting for a answer from me.

What's wrong with everyone today.

I then headed for my next class.

***

After an hour class was over, I quickly ran out of the school building to see Rose leaning against her car typing away on her phone.

"Hey, what was it that you wanted to tell me?" I say while walking up to her.

"Uh get in the car, I'll explain everything" she says while opening the drivers side and getting in the car.

I walk to the passenger side and get in.

"Uh—um-I kind of didn't tell you exactly what happed at the party..." she says.

I look at her in confusion.

She sighs and continues speaking.

"Conner and I...Uh umm...slept together at the party, we were drunk at the party we didn't know what was happening" she says while fidgeting with her fingers.

I look at her first then I smile.

"Rose, there's nothing to be worried about I'm sure Conner didn't mean it either, plus people make mistakes,right?" I say while patting her shoulder.

She just nods her head and reversed out of the school parking lot.

•••

A/N

Don't forget to vote 💕

~ Yumna