Chapter 5

After Kayla left the studio the next day she went to the therapist's office. She was a bit scared, she has not seen a therapist since she was 14.

Kayla walked I to the building and the woman at the front desk told her to go to the fifth floor to the third door on the right. She did so and felt her heart racing as she got to her floor.

"Hi you must be Kayla. I'm Dr. James but you can call me Katherine if it makes you feel more comfortable" she told her. "You can take a seat right there and we could get started" Katherine told her pointing to a love seat that Kayla was standing in front of. "So what brings you here today"

"My younger brother" Kayla said a bit harsh.

"Why is that?"

"He thinks this is best then to take my pain out on drugs and alcohol"

"What pain?"

"My girlfriend leaving"

"How long have you two been together"

"4 years"

"And did you two think of marriage?"

"We've talked about it a few times. I honestly did what to marry her"

"Why do you think she left?"

"She left because I know I've changed in 4 years. I wasn't really like this before. The day she left she said I wasn't the same person anymore that I was never home as often, I didn't say I love you as much as I used to, I didn't hold her, I was always getting wasted and drunk, getting high. She said she was done with me"

"So you were doing drugs and alcohol before she left?"

"Yes"

"And why is that?"

"I was incredibly stressed out with my record label. I didn't wanna talk to people about it so I turned to alcohol. I know realized I should've talked to her"

•••

When the hour was up Kayla had a few tears rolling down her cheek from the things she talked about. Her father and grandmother passing, Lauren leaving, and basically some parts of her past.

She had another appointment with Katherine next week at the same time.

•••

She had time to go out with her friends tonight but she chose not to. If she wanted to get Lauren back she was gonna have to change her ways.

Instead of going out she stayed home channel surfing being bored as ever. She ordered pizza and there was a knock on the door.

When Kayla got up to answer it she expected it to be the pizza guy but it wasn't, it was someone who she hasn't seen in a while.

"Hey" the girl told her.

"Hey Dani what's up"

"Nothing I just wanted to come by to see how you were doing"

"I'm good I guess. Come in" Kayla told Dani and moved to the side allowing her in. "So what brings you here?"

"Nothing I haven't seen you since before you and lauren..you know, I wanted to make sure you were okay"

"She left a month ago"

"I know but I've been a bit busy so I never had time. So what you been up to"

Depression, drugs, stress, alcohol

"Oh just recording and stuff. What about you?"

"School mainly you know collage and stuff"

"I ordered pizza a while ago you can stay if you want"

"Yea sure"

Over pizza the two talked about what they've been doing in the past month. Kayla wanted to ask how Lauren was but she didn't wanna here "she's doing fine and has a boyfriend" coming out. They might have broken up but she still hopelessly cared about Lauren and her well being.

It's hard to hear her name when she hasn't see her in long. When Kayla would creep on Lauren's social media it was like they never happen, the pictures she'd post of the two of them deleted, screen shots of conversations gone. Everything was deleted.

Unlike Kayla's social media she still had pictures of the two of them posted. Never deleted a single picture.

"You know Lauren's isn't really happy right?" Dani told her pulling Kayla out of her thoughts.

"What do you mean?"

"She's not as happy as she was when you two with together"

"Apparently she wasn't happy with me either, the reason why she left"

"No but I mean like before that. She was always smiling, she was happy. Now she's not like that she's not happy with her boyfriend"

Kayla had no words, she didn't know to be happy that her ex wasn't happy, or to be sad that her ex wasn't happy.

"Well I don't think there's something I could do" Kayla admitted.

"What you can do is go get her back!" Dani raised her voice.

"Well I can but not now. I wanna be sober enough that I can live off the alcohol and whatnot that she'll believe me and come back. You think I don't what her back? I want her more then anything, I just can't do it now. I'm barely starting to recover and if I do get her back I wanna know that I'll be able not to go back into what I'm in now"

"I understand but just promise me you'll try to get her back"

"I promise"

•••

A/N do y'all want a chapter of what Lauren's been up to?