Chapter 10

"Oooh, where you from

Must be heaven

You'd be rich

If looking good was your profession

Think I'm in love, 'cause you so sexy

Boy, I ain't talkin' about you

I'm talking to my own reflection

Boy, I ain't talkin' about you

I'm talking to my own reflection

I'm talking to my own reflection"

Kayla was in the middle of filming a music video for her YouTube channel. She was almost done filming but her phone rang from her back pocket.

She groaned then answered her phone.

"What?" Kayla said a bit aggressively.

"Well hello to you too"

"Oh h-hey Lauren" she stuttered.

"Are you busy?"

"No" Kayla lied. "Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go for some coffee or something"

"Yea sure"

"I'll meet you at the Starbucks near the park in 10?"

"Yea sounds good"

"Great I'll see you there"

"Okay"

"Bye"

"Bye"

When Kayla hung up she fist pumped in the air, clearly excited about this little date with Lauren. She took her video camera back inside her house,then went back outside to her car driving to the Starbucks.

While she was there she waited for Lauren with her caramel frappe. Then it hit her that this was the Starbucks were they first met when they were 15.

She remembered how she was a bit rude to Lauren when they first met. How they talked about music, how only like a week later they started going out, how they would have late night meaningless conversation.

"Laur can I ask you something?" Kayla asked Lauren over the phone.

"What is it?"

"Do you think pigeons have feelings?"

Lauren let out a chuckle.

"Probably I mean like when they're wounded they're probably in pain, so I'm guessing they do"

"Lauren shut up and go to bed!" Kayla heard Lauren's sister tell her.

"Well I don't want you getting in trouble so I'll let you sleep" Kayla told her.

"Okay. Goodnight"

"Goodnight. I love you"

"I love you too"

She remembered the time they were in her own room listening into music then ended up making out, then making love while Sex by The 1975 was playing in the background. The two giggled when they realized the song was playing.

Kayla was brought out of her thoughts when she heard a familiar voice and her eyes met a familiar pair of brown eyes.

"Hey" the brown eyed girl told her sitting across from her with her frappe.

"Hey" she greeted back.

"So how you've been?" Lauren asked.

"Good actually, I've been sober for 2 weeks now"

"I'm proud of you" Lauren smiled which caused Kayla to smile as well.

"So what about you?"

"Good. I haven't really been up to anything just collage"

"Any majors?"

"Piano"

Kayla chuckled. "Remember when we were younger I showed you how to play"

"Yea you were the only one who never got frustrated with me"

"How could I? I really enjoyed how when I would show you what keys to play my hands would be on top of yours" Kayla told her. She saw Lauren's face turning red and Lauren tried to hide it. "You're still really beautiful when you blush" Kayla commented.

"You still think I'm beautiful?"

"I always thought you were beautiful" Kayla admitted. "I still think that, and will always think that" Kayla told Lauren putting a strand of her pair behind her ear. The two ex's looked into each other's eyes feeling all the emotions they had for each other in the past coming back, feeling like they were 15 again.

The two girls felt each other leaning in. There lips were about to meet when Lauren's phone rang causing them to pull away.

"Hello...I'm with someone...now?...okay...I'll see you at home...I love you too...bye" Lauren said over the phone. She hesitated when she told whoever it was 'I love you' either way Kayla's heart broke when she said them. "I have to get going, maybe we can catch up another time?" Lauren told her.

"Yea sure, how about tomorrow. I can make us dinner"

"I'd like that" Lauren smiled.

Lauren left the Starbucks, leaving Kayla there watching her leave.

•••

A/N Kayren? Kayren.😏😏