Chapter 30

I was playing soccer with Alaska in the backyard waiting for Lauren to come over. Nobody was home, mom was at the grocery store, Jason was at a friends house. I never liked being home alone much, especially now that Rylie is back, that's why I invited Lauren over.

Alaska and I have been playing for maybe ten minuets, and playing got gotten a lot more fun since she's gotten bigger. She's not the same little fur ball, she's a bigger fur ball.

While I was dribbling the ball to the net I heard a bang, then the next thing I knew I was on the floor bleeding from my left side, screaming in pain. Alaska started barking loudly, as I was still on the floor, screaming. I tried to get my phone from the pocket in my shorts, but when I felt nothing in it I remembered I left it inside. My eyes started start getting heavy, before they fully closed I heard someone yell me name, then everything went black.

Lauren's POV

"Lauren just take out the trash then you can leave" my mom told me, holding the trash bag in front of me. I groaned, and took it from her making my way outside, then left the bag in the trash can. I made my way over to my car, then drove to my girlfriends house. When I was already at the front door, I heard Alaska barking more then usual. I turned the knob then found out that it was locked. Then I remember that I brought her keys since she left them at my house once. I reached into my pocket pulling out her keys with a panda on the keychain.

When I entered the house it was silent except for Alaska barking like a maniac. I made my way to the backyard, and my eyes first landed on Alaska who was barking at the wooded gate, then my eyes fell to Kayla who was on the ground bleeding from her left side. I shouted her name as I sprinted over to her. When I reached her I belt beside her, and placed my hand over her wound getting her blood all over my hand.

"Babe come on stay with me please" I said, as my voice started to crack. I pulled out my phone with shaky hands dialing 911.

"Hello 911 what's your emergency"

"My girlfriend she's wounded, I think she's was shot"

"Can you give me your location" I gave it to her. "Okay we're sending an ambulance, I'm gonna stay with you until they arrive"

"Thank you" I set my phone down on the grass without hanging up. "Babe please stay with me. You can't leave me, you can't" I said as tears started rolling down my face. "You said forever, please don't go. I need you"

Once the ambulance arrived they put Kayla on a stretcher, and I road along with them. Seeing her fighting for her life right in front of me, just gave me a feeling I've never felt before. It was a feeling of not just broken hearted but just something worse that I couldn't describe.

When we arrived to the hospital the parametrics rushed her inside. I tried to go with, but they wouldn't let me in. I called her mom and brother, who arrived in ten minuets. I told what happened and they broke into tears. My family arrived a bit after her family did, without saying anything I hugged Christina tightly crying into her shoulder. I didn't tell them what happened, them mowing the state I'm in, they didn't ask but they're bound to ask at one point.