Chapter 12

The next morning Kayla woke up with Lauren wrapped in her arms. She smiled seeing her sleeping. Kayla placed her lips on Lauren's forehead letting them stay there for a bit longer then usual. Lauren's eyes fluttered opened and Kayla's green eyes met Lauren's brown ones.

"I didn't mean to wake you. I'm sorry" Kayla apologized.

"No it's fine" Lauren told her and snuggled her face into Kayla's bare chest. "When you get that?" Lauren asked, referring to Kayla chest tattoo that read "Do we light up our hearts just to watch them burn?"

"Last month. I know I quoted myself but it has a deep meaning to me"

"What is it? If I'm aloud to know"

"It's just that when we met you basically opened up my heart bringing light and happiness into it. Then when you left it was like the light the lit up my heart burned"

"I'm sorry for leaving"

"You had a right to"

"No, no I didn't. I just left without even trying to help"

"Baby it's okay, you're here and that's what matters. I've been going to therapy for a while because I knew I needed the help and I wanted to known that I was able to be sober to be with you again. I didn't wanna go after you until I was able to go without drugs or alcohol. And not just because I needed help but also because I wanted you back"

"You did that for me?"

"I would do anything for you brown eyes. I'd do anything, be anything, for you. I never stopped loving you Lauren, and I don't think I'll ever will stop"

"I never stopped loving you either"

Kayla stroked Lauren's cheek with her thumb.

"You're incredibly beautiful" Kayla commented.

"So are you" Lauren said softly before bringing their lips together. The two shared a passionate kiss then pulled away. "Do you want me to make breakfast?" Lauren asked.

"No. I wanna make breakfast for you" Kayla said and kissed Lauren's nose. She got out of bed putting on shorts and a t shirt.

•••

"I missed your cooking" Lauren told Kayla as she out her dirty dish in the sink.

"Well I missed you" Kayla said wrapping her arms around Lauren's waist and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Ugh I have classes" Lauren groaned.

"Can I take you? Please" Kayla practically begged.

"Of course. From the looks of it I'm already gonna be late so I can't go home and change. Can I borrow some clothes? Please"

"Anything you want brown eyes"

•••

"Do you think you could pick me up after classes?" Lauren asked as Kayla pulled up in front of the collage.

"Course, what time?"

"5:20"

"Yea sure, on one condition"

"Which is?"

"Come to my show tonight"

"I'd loved to"

"You better get going"

"Okay I'll see you later" Lauren said and placed a kiss on Kayla's lips before stepping out of the car.

•••

"Okay guys this next song wasn't planned for tonight but I really wanna do this song. It's a really big through back. I hope you guys remember it, it was on my first album, and I hope you guys still know the words" Kayla said before the music started playing. She glanced over at Lauren who was in the front row and smiled.

"Yeah every time you come around me

Heart starts pounding

It's like a clock

Tick Tock

Tick Tock

You wind me up

Wouldn't want it any other way

You're so sweet and so gracious

Smile's contagious

Water colored eyes like sky so spacious

And I can't concentrate

You won't hear my complain

Yeah

You're perfect

You're perfect

You make me nervous

You're worth it

You're worth it

You give me purpose again and again

You don't even have to try because

Because you're always on my mind

Mind

Well it's been a couple weeks now

Still can't sleep now

Everything I do makes me think of you

Wanna reach out and tell you that you're beautiful

And I think I'm going crazy

Maybe just maybe

You could be the one I've been looking for to save me

Wake me

Got it bad and that ain't good

I wouldn't change it if I could

Yeah

You're perfect

You're perfect

You make me nervous

You're worth it

You're worth it

You give me purpose again and again

You don't even have to try because

Because you're always on my mind

Mind

You're perfect

You're perfect

You make me nervous

You're worth it

You're worth it

You give me purpose again and again

You don't even have to try because

Because you're always on my mind

Mind

Mind

You're always on my mind"

Every time she would sing the chorus she would glance over at Lauren and smile, then Lauren would smile back.

Lauren knew this song was about her, because 4 years ago Kayla serenaded her with it when they were younger.

She performed the rest of the songs and once she got off stage Lauren was right there waiting for her.

"You did amazing" Lauren commented wrapping her arms around Kayla's neck.

"Thank you" Kayla told her and placed her lips on her forehead.

•••

A/N Kayren game strong💪✊