Chapter 17

A/N the rest of the chapter didn't save I think so I republished it.

•••

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Lauren asked Kayla.

"No it's okay this is something I have to do myself" Kayla told her. Lauren nodded. Before stepping out if the car Kayla took a deep breath, the got out of Lauren's car walking towards Epic records.

Kayla made her way into the elevator, her heart beating out of her chest. She didn't know how'd Simon would feel when she would tell him that she wants the contract off. She made her way to Simons office, knocking her before being able to enter. Kayla heard Simons voice telling her to come in, she opened the door slowly then walked in.

"Kayla you wanted to speak to me?" Simon asked.

"Yea" Kayla started and took a seat that was in front of Simons desk. "I don't wanna-"

"Wait before you go on I have great news. You're going on tour with Fifth Harmony and Shawn Mendes" Simon said excitedly.

"Really?! That's awesome!"

"Sweetie no that's when everything starts falling apart it's a one year tour and Lauren wouldn't be able to join you." Kayla heard her dad tell her.

"I mean great but Simon I'm not ready for this whole music thing. I still wanna make music just not..being told when to come in and having my life planned out for me. I'm still just a 15 year old girl, I still have to figure out who I am. I wanna be able to hang out with my friends more who lately I have been able to see at all, I wanna spend more time with my girlfriend, I wanna spend more time playing soccer, more time with my family. Simon I'm sorry but I'm just not ready for this" Kayla explained.

"I honestly had a feeling you would tell me something like this sooner or later"

"What do you mean?"

"When you came out with Puppet I've had feeling"

"So you're not mad?"

"No. Like you said before you're still only 15, and you have your whole life ahead of you. If you're not ready for a record deal that's fine. But when you are ready the deal will always be on the table for you. You will be free of the deal on one condition"

"What is it?" Kayla asked.

"Finish the song you were doing with Lauren. It's almost finished. After that you can do whatever you want with it just finish it and put it out. With the music that was suppose to be on the album you can do whatever you want with them"

Thank you Simon" the two hugged and Kayla made her way out of the building and into Lauren's car.

"So what happened?" Lauren asked.

"I told him I wasn't ready for this music thing and he said it was fine and that I have a deal whenever I am ready"

"So no more music?"

"Well I am gonna be putting up covers and putting out music but on my own. And Simon what's us to finish the song we're working on after that we'll release it and if we want we can do a video for it on out own"

"I'm excited for it" Lauren said.

"Same" Kayla smiled.

•••

"Aye guys so something happened that made me realize something, I hope you guys won't be mad at me when I tell you this. I've been under a lot of stress with this music thing, being told what to sing, what do to, having my year planed out for me. I'm not ready for it. So I talked to Simon and he told me that I'm released from my deal. Basically I don't have a record deal anymore, so I won't be in the studio anymore, or touring unless it's something I'll be paying for or something. The thing is I will be making covers and new music but in my basement on my own time. In ways I'm done making music in a way I'm not if that makes any sense. This way I'm happier then I was before and not under a lot of stress. So new music will be coming soon and the next single should be out in a while featuring someone you guys know very well I can't say who so you will have to wait. I hope you guys understand, I love you all so much. This will not be the end of my music I promise you, I just now don't know what the future holds for me. Okay I love you guys" Kayla said looking into her camera then kissed her hand, covering the camera lens with the same hand. She stopped the camera and let out a sigh.

Kayla uploaded the video to her YouTube channel then sent out links on her social media. She received a bunch of understanding tweets from her fans which made her smile, there was also some tweets of her fans being mad at her because apparently they didn't listen when she said she was gonna keep making music.

But it's not want she has to do to make others happy it's what she has to do to make HERSELF happy.