Chapter 18

A/N omfg I ran over a mile during PE and after school for my marathon training was like over 3 miles. I'm dead but I wanna update for y'all I'm sorry if it's short and bad. I love yall❤️

•••

Kayla was sitting at the kitchen table with Lauren doing their homework for homeschool. Kayla was a junior and Lauren was a senior since they were able to get ahead with homeschool. At times they would steal glances at each other while doing their work. Lauren finished her work before Kayla so she tried to help her with pre calculus since Kayla was completely lost.

"Ughhh babe can I just drop out of school and become a stripper?! This is hard" Kayla whinnied. (A/N I actually say this after algebra everyday lol)

"Oh come on babe it's not that hard, and no you can't" Kayla groaned again.

"Can we take a break?" Kayla whinnied.

"No come on you're almost finished" Lauren pointed out that there was only two problems left.

"Yea but this could take hours"

"I'll make you a deal. If you do the problems I'll keep kissing you, but if you don't I won't kiss you for 24 hours"

"Okay that is not fare"

"Do you want my lips or not?"

"Ugh more then anything"

"Then try"

"Laur I've been trying do you know how hard it is to be dyslexic"

"I'll help you"

After a half hour Kayla was able to finish her work and was completely relieved. She felt like her brain was fried.

"Can I have my kiss now?" Kayla pouted. Lauren rolled her eyes playfully and leaned in. Their lips were about to meet when Kayla's mom walked in.

"Hey girls" her mom greeted, setting groceries on the counter.

"Hey mom" Kayla sighed because she didn't her kiss.

"Hey sis, hey Lauren" Jason greeted walking in with bags of groceries.

"Sweetie since you're not doing music anymore, there's no need for you to be homeschooled anymore so I was thinking you could go back to public scho-"

"NO!" Kayla yelled cutting her mom off.

"There's no need to raise your voice I was just-"

"No! I'm not going back to the fucking hell hole! I was bullied so fucking much and I'm not going back! Mom I had 1 friend who I don't get to see anymore because she's always busy! I have more friends now who care and aren't embarrassed to be seen with me on public! Do you remember all those times you had to come get me early from school because I had break downs! I'm not going back and you can't make me!" Kayla shouted and stormed off to her room slamming the door.

Kayla silently cried hugging her legs into her chest. All the memories she had when she was going to public school started coming back to her. All the times she was called "metal mouth" because of her braces, being called four eyes because of her glasses. She was always judged about her being different. All the other girls would wear the latest stile, wearing crop tops, flats, high waisted shorts, dresses. As for Kayla who would wear just a tshirt and jeans, at times sweaters on the hottest days to cover up her cuts she would make.

"Baby are you okay?" Lauren asked softly sitting next to Kayla. Kayla had forgotten to lock the door. She didn't reply she just shook her head no. "Come here" Lauren said and pulled Kayla into her arms wrapping then around her. "Your mom told me you going to public school was an option it's your choice if you wanna go or not. She also said she wasn't thinking with you being famous you wouldnt be able to go either way. Babe please don't cry, I hate seeing you like this" Lauren her and kissed her forehead. Lauren rubbed circles in Kayla's back as she cried softly into Lauren's chest.

Kayla ended up falling asleep, Lauren didn't want to wake her so she just let her sleep. Lauren also fell asleep as well a bit after Kayla did.