Chapter 28

Same day

Once Lauren let go of me officer Johnson was about to say something but, I ran out of the house before he could. I ran through the front door as fast as I could pushing my legs harder then I've ever had before. I'm not even aloud to run much because apparently last year Rylie damaged my ribs and my lungs, I was obviously not thinking, but finding out your psycho ex that tried to harm you and the love of your life you don't really think, you just do.

I don't even know how long I've been running, but it doesn't feel that long, it felt like my lungs were on fire, wow I'm an idiot.

Once I stopped I was dripping sweat and I saw a Ferris wheel on a peer.

Oh crap I'm in Santa Monica.

"KAYLA!" I heard Jason yell. I turned around saw Lauren, Jason and my mom in the car while what seemed the officer Johnson in a car behind them. I walked over to the car and climbed into the backseat.

"What the hell were you thinking!" Lauren yelled at me. "You could've gotten hurt just by leaving! And you just ran over 18 fricking miles! You know you can only do five! You could've collapsed!"

"Well I didnt." I said stubbornly and Jason handed me a bottle of water, and I chugged down half of it.

•••

After we got home officer Johnson explained that the cops will be making sure we were safe at all times. Lauren hasn't spoken to me since we were in the car, she's spending that night and I don't know if she's mad enough not to sleep in my room, and I need my Lauren cuddles.

My mom ordered Chinese food and we were all in the living room watching a movie, but once I was finished with my food I was still hungry so I grabbed a poptart from the kitchen and laid down on the couch. Lauren was sitting on the same couch but a bit further away where I was. I didn't want her to be mad at me so I tried to talk to her.

"Lauren come cuddle with me" I told her.

"I'm eating"

"Cuddle with me" I said grabbing her arm softly.

"I'm eating" she said raising her voice a bit.

"I'm eating too, you see me still trying to cuddle. Mom make her cuddle with me" I whinnied.

After a few minuets Lauren got up and walked over to me, she climbed over me and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Oh nooooow you wanna cuddle" I told her. I put my hand on her head pushing her away softly. "No I gave you a chance"

"Come cuddle" Lauren said in a baby voice.

"No, go away" I said pushing her head softly. I tried to get out of her grip but is couldn't. Once I was able to sit up she still had her arms around my waist holding me.

"You two have a weird relationship" Jason commented.

"Yea blame your sister" Lauren said trying to get me to cuddle with her. I made a running movement but I ended up falling on my face.

"K that hurt" I said staying on the floor.

"You're a weirdo" Lauren laughed.

"Better then normal" I said not moving for my position.

"Are you gonna get up or...?" Lauren asked.

"Mmm the floor is really comfortable" I said.

"You're so weird"