Chapter 21

The next day Kayla was woken up by her mom and brother singing happy birthday. A normal person would be happy having her family singing to them the morning of the day they came out of the womb but not Kayla. In fact she was a bit angry because all she wanted to do was sleep but clearly that wasn't happening.

"Go away!" Kayla told her family face down on her pillow.

"Come on sis it's your 16th birthday!" Jason pointed out happily.

"I told you guys not to do this" Kayla explained.

"Yea but you only turn 16 once" her mom told her.

"Please tell me there's no party" Kayla asked and sat up.

"Whaaaaaat nooooo" Jason and her mom said in a unison. Kayla groaned and laid face down once again.

"Come on get up" her mom told her and slapped her but, Kayla didn't move. "Lauren is gonna be here in a bit!" Her mom yelled from downstairs. With that sentence she shot up out of bed.

•••

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!"

"LAUR IM CHANGING!" Kayla yelled once Lauren opened the door, without knocking.

"Oh come on it's not like I haven't seen anything like that before...even more actually" Lauren said walking into her room closing the door behind her. She made her way towards her half naked girlfriend wrapping her arms around her neck. "Happy birthday"

"Thank you" Kayla told her and pecked her lips. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get dressed."

"You actually look best without clothes" Lauren smirked.

"You're such a perv"

"Oh like you're not" Lauren laughed.

"Weeeeeeellllll kinda. I just don't tell you my thoughts." Kayla explained putting on her black torn jeans on.

"Babe the other day I came to see you and you were moaning my name and I wasn't even doing anything to you. You had a fricking wet dream" Kayla blushed.

"I honestly regret nothing" the newly sixteen year old told Lauren, throwing on her galaxy tack top that Lisa had given her for Christmas.

"Remember when we celebrated Christmas and you chased chased me around with the mistletoe" Lauren laughed.

•••

"Laurie" Kayla called Lauren with a hand behind her back.

"What is it?" Lauren asked. Kayla didn't say anything, all she did was hang a mistletoe over their heads. "Babe this is the fiftieth time in the past hour" Lauren complained.

"It's a Christmas law"

"I'm not kissing you again"

"Oh come on it's Christmas and it's the only excuse I have to get to kiss you a lot"

"I'm not kissing you"

"Ugh! At least Joey will kiss me" Kayla told her girlfriend and held the mistletoe over herself and Lauren's smallest brother. "Right Joey?"

"Yea!" Joey said and kissed Kayla's cheek.

"He's a better kisser then you laur" she joked. Lauren gasped.

"Okay I'm not kissing you at all anymore" Lauren said and walked away.

"No no no no" Kayla said and made her way over to Lauren, holding the mistletoe over their heads once again. "It's a Christmas law" Kayla smiled.

"Mmmm no" Lauren laughed and walked away again.

"YOU'RE BREAKING THE CHRISTMAS LAW!"

"So sue me"

"Oh the sass"

Kayla kept chasing Lauren around the house with the mistletoe for the rest of the night. Lauren would kiss her at times at times she wouldn't just to piss her off.

•••

Kayla backyard was filled with family and friends. She told her mom and Jason that she did not want a party but as usual they didn't listen. Lauren's brothers were playing with Alaska who's about 7 months now, and is pretty big. The girls of Fifth Harmony were there as well. Kayla found out that Camila and Lauren we dating which made her really happy that her OTP was real. There was some people in the pool, Kayla was thinking of going in but she choice not to. She felt someone through her over their shoulder, at first she thought it was Lauren but them she remembered that Lauren was weaker then her.

"CHRISTINA PUT ME DOWN!" Kayla yelled. "OR AT LEAST GET MY PHONE OUT OF MY POCKET!" Christina laughed.

"Lauren get her phone out because it's in her back pocket and I am not getting it" Lauren did was Christina told her to do and the next thing Kayla knew she was thrown into the pool with all her clothes on.

"I seriously hate you all so much" Kayla said once she reached the surface of the water.

"It was Dani's idea" Christina confessed. Dani was laughing her ass off then walked over to the pool handing her hand out to help her out. Kayla took her hand and pulled her into the water.

"K now we're even" Kayla told her and swam to the edge of the pool lifting herself up. Lauren walked over to her handing her a towel. She excepted it happily. "Babe can I have my phone and can I see yours?" Lauren asked why for her own phone but Kayla lied saying that she wanted to see it. Lauren have Kayla her phone and her own. Kayla then pushed Lauren into the pool.

"Love you babe!" Kayla laughed and walked inside her house.