29.

With just as heavy of an heart as my breathing I closed my eyes inhaling deeply hoping that all of that was just a dream and that I would wake up. I inhaled once again filling my lungs with the air in that tiny room and exhaled all of it while opening my eyes slowly realizing once again that all of what was happening was real.

I brought my hands up to my head frustrated because I didn't know what to do. I always had a plan, I always knew how things would work out. But right now? Right now I had no idea of what to do. I was at the verge of ripping my hair off when the raspy yet comforting voice of my brother echoed through the room.

Jackson: "It's ok Sophie. We love you. Just pick three of us. I will always love you."

I looked up to his face seeing him with tears on his red and bruised cheeks and sighed feeling defeated. The more the time passed the more my legs were weak until I couldn't hold me up anymore and fell on my knees.

Sophie: "I don't know... I can't pick..."

I mumbled before hearing Lay sighing annoyed.

Lay: "Hurry up or I will kill all of them."

His voice was impatient meeting my own impatience towards his voice.

Sophie: "I would like to see you pick 3 of your members to kill."

I started to get up and looked directly onto his piercing psychotic eyes. He looked up thinking and looked at me once again with an evil smirk.

Lay: "D.O, Chanyeol, Sehun."

I was perplexed on how fast he picked three of his members, supponsingly his family, to kill.

Lay: "Now it's your turn."

I looked down and inhaled before passing my eyes through all of them one last time only to see them all with a reassuring smile. I finally looked up to Lay with my chest going up and down slowly yet aggressively and with my eyes threatening me once again to shed tears. I closed my eyes to stop the tears from falling and parted my mouth while opening my eyes once again with sadness plastered on them.

Sophie: "Yugyeom. Youngjae. And... Jinyoung."

As soon as their names got out from my mouth tears fell from my already puffy eyes erasing all of my previous attempts to stop them. I looked down to my feet disappointed at myself for not being able to stop all of this. Why did I picked them? I don't really know. I just said the three firsts names that came to my mind. And it was the three most hard words to ever leave my mouth. It was the most difficult decision I haver made and I have made a lot of them about who dies and who lives. But before I was a machine who thought like it was taught to do, and now I am a human, a human with emotions, a human who grows attached to people, a human who is able to love and get hurt, now it's hard to pick who lives or dies, especially when it touches the ones I love, my family.

Sophie: "I am sorry."

That was the only thing I could say before Lay blabbered something I didn't bother listening before he threw me down and tied my hands behind my back, I could've fight back, I could've done something, but it would be useless, so I did nothing, I didn't had the strength to do something, so I just let myself be tied up on the floor. I kept on looking to the ground who was now a lot closer while Lay put Jinyoung Youngjae and Yugyeom beside me. I kept on hearing voices, but my brain couldn't process from who it came 'This is it. This is the end. This is how it ends. After everything. This is how my history ends. In my opinion, I deserve it. After everything I've done, this is a worthy ending for me. But not for them...' I was immersed on my own thoughts before being ripped out of them by Lisa's screaming, my protective side immediately woke up and I tried to get up to help but someone pushed me down once again and only then I noticed that Chen, D.O and Suho got inside of the room and that Lay was taking Lisa Jungkook Jackson Mark and Bambam away, setting them free just like we agreed. Lisa was trying to fight back, and so was everyone, but only her screams could be heard. I looked down once again not being able to face any of them, not being able to face their faces of despair, so I glued my eyes to the ground until silence was the only thing ringing on my hears.

  Right now only Chen and Suho were in the room with us, but they weren't doing a thing, they were just looking at us with zero expressions making my skin scrawl.

  I looked to my side only to see Jinyoung looking back at me wearing a comforting smile on his lips. I looked to my other side and there was Yugyeom who put his tongue out mocking me, and lastly on the left side of Yugyeom was Youngjae who had a bright smile on his face. None of us said a thing but the silence involving us was way more comforting and calming then any word that could be said, we were all at peace, we had no fear as the one we loved were already safe, at least we hoped so, but that sweet silence was soon interrupted with an abrupt entrance made by Lay followed by Chanyeol.

  Chanyeol: "Done. They're free."

  Lay: "Now, it's just the fourth of us. And look at all of you. So quiet. Such good kids. That's how I like it."

  'Just end this already.' I thought as I rolled my eyes while he continued saying nonsense. I had no interest in what he was saying as my mind kept wondering if there was something, even a little thing, that I could do, but nothing came to my mind, everything I thought would end up in us killed so I didn't do anything feeling useless. Feeling like how all of that training I made at the agency and even at home could not save me from this fate, so I stood still. I stood still when Lay took his gun out. I stood still when he passed it through my hair. I stood still when he passed through my jawline. I stood still when he passed through my chest and when he ended on the side where my heart was. I stood still when he did that to Jinyoung, when he did that to Yugyeom and when he did the same thing to Youngjae. And I did nothing when he made his way until he was in front of me and pointed the gun to my head. I just kept on breathing feeling utterly calm and at peace.

  Lay: "I am going to enjoy this. All of you, out. This is going to be all for me."

  And with that Chen and Suho went out of the room leaving us all alone and I just closed my eyes waiting for the cold metal bullet to pass through me at an incredible fast speed.