40.

My breathing was unsteady due to my loud cry. I stayed on that position for longer then I could count trying to get the courage to do it. To shot myself and end everything. But for some strange reason I couldn't. And that strange reasons has 8 names.

In frustration of not being able to do that simple thing I screamed. A loud, high pitched and frustrated scream. I screamed from the top of my lungs echoing the room if not the entire house.

Just when my scream stopped I noticed the new tears falling down my cheeks.

And I screamed again, and again, and again.

I pointed the gun to the wall in front of me and press on the trigger. One time. Two times. Three times. And let the gun fall down to the ground.

As my ears were focused on my own cries and sobs I didn't noticed the steps outside.

I didn't noticed the running up the stairs outside.

And I didn't noticed the knocking on my door nor the screaming outside.

I was isolated from everything outside my little bubble.

After the screaming outside didn't stop I finally woke up to reality and started to distinguish the screaming voice. Jaebeom.

Sophie: "Go away!"

I screamed between my loud sobs.

Jaebeom: "Open the door!"

He screamed back.

And when I didn't respond he kicked the door open making it fall to the ground with a loud thud scaring me.

As I looked up to see his face I noticed the anger, the sadness, and the guilt on his eyes as he looked at me, then to the gun, back at me, to the wall who I had shot and then back at me.

When he was about to walk towards me I grabbed the gun making him stop on his tracks confused.

Jaebeom: "Sophie? What are doing? Put the gun down."

I moved my head to the sides denying his plead before pointed the gun at myself once again making him shot his eyes open.

Sophie: "I am ending this. I am ending everything. I am the cause of all your problems and if I live I'll be the cause of your future ones. So I am ending everything. You don't care either way. So why are you here. Go away. Once and for all."

He gave on step forward and I pressed the gun harder to my chin making him stop once again and sigh.

Jaebeom: "If you do that you will not be ending any trouble. Instead you will only break us. We are a family. And of course I care about you you dumbass. So put that freaking gun down."

Sophie: "You don't understand it. How could you? Not even I understand it. I just know that this is the only solution for you all to live."

Jaebeom: "What the hell are you even saying? If you think I don't understand then help me understand. And we will find a solution together."

He gave another step forward and I put a little more pressure to the trigger making him stop once again.

Sophie: "I can't Jaebeom. I can't tell you this."

He sighed and looked like he was debating on telling me something, and in that time I knew. I knew I had to do this. I couldn't be responsible for the death of him, of anyone of them.

Sophie: "Goodbye Jaebeom."

And with that two words I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.

  1...

  2...

  3...

3 seconds.

It took only 3 seconds.

Only 3 seconds for Jaebeom to take the gun slightly away from my chin making the bullet pass beside my face making a scratch on my left cheek.

It took Jaebeom 3 seconds to stop me from killing myself.

And I was happy.

Relieved.

But I was also angry.

And when I opened my eyes slowly I saw his face so close to mine with such fear on his eyes that every angered part of me flew away with his heavy breathing.

I closed my eyes again when tears started to threaten my eyes.

And when I opened them again a tear escaped his eyes and he hugged me.

He hugged me strongly. Scared. And relieved.

Jaebeom: "What were you thinking?"

He mumbled on my now wet neck, due to his tears, as he hugged me tighter while I didn't move an inch of my body. I was to astonished with what had just happened.

Jaebeom: "I could've lost you."

And I hugged him back.

I hugged him with all my strength. Even tho it was little.

Jaebeom: "I love you."

As those 3 words hit my ears I just hugged him harder. I didn't know how to answer. Heck I didn't even know if I felt like that. And so my body froze. I didn't know how to react. And as Jaebeom must've sensed that he hit me with another thing.

Jaebeom: "Is this because of your agency. Is this what it is about?"

And with that a truck of reality ran over me and I pushed Jaebeom making him fall on his butt.

Sophie: "WHAT?!"

Jaebeom looked at me with regret on his face, probably from exposing himself. As anger started to boil inside of me he sighed and sat on his own knees in front of me.

Jaebeom: "I know about the agency. I know about you being an agent. I know about you giving up the agency to save us. I know everything Sophie. Since the very beginning. I am not the leader of this gang just because. I know agent 2. The one you preformed with that little fight. Every one of us knew about you. Even Jackson. We wanted you here. So that you could pass false information to SIIA. But even when you didn't noticed, we knew you were changing sides. And we grew fond of you. Of you you. Not you the machine. And I fell in love with this you."

BOOM. The truck hit me once again. Stronger then the last time. Making me a lot more confused then before. Making me almost lose balance with the sudden information.

Sophie: "You knew. Y-You all knew"

Jaebeom: "Yes we d-"

I was suddenly blind with just one simple thought making me interrupt Jaebeom.

Sophie: "And you lied to me."

Jaebeom looked deeply into my eyes only to find them with tears. And with that he just hugged me.

A long time after that hug and a lot of sorrys coming from Jaebeom I broke the hug and he cupped my cheeks to clean my tears.

Our eyes locked. And for that few seconds I forgot everything that as been happening. For that few seconds I was happy. And in that few seconds I closed my eyes once again and connected my lips onto his.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Sooooo Heyyyyyy~~~
Did you thought I was really gonna kill Sophie? Well, SIKE
I am sorry if I scared you😅
Well I'll see ya in the next chapter, stay tuned~
And please comment your thoughts and vote for me to know if you are liking my story or not😊
I love you💗