37.

When I parked the car my mind was tired and confused 'My own aunt wants me dead. My 12 year partner doesn't care if I die. I am just a machine who as been broken to them. I should've left sooner. Fuck it. I shouldn't even get in the agency in the first place. And the worst part is that I can't tell anyone.' Angry and sad I punched the steering wheel. One time. Two times. Three times. And much more times that I didn't bother to count.

Being in the car wasn't gonna do anything so I decided to go inside the house with a now sore hand.

As I placed the keys on the lock I started hearing voices inside so a little happiness came over me as I opened the door quickly to be greeted by Jinyoung.

Jinyoung: "Hi Sophie."

I closed the door and ran to him giving the taller boy a hug.

Sophie: "Hey."

I broke the hug and smiled at him before a confused expression replaced my smile. Jinyoung laughed at me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

Jinyoung: "Me and Jaebeom came here because we needed to bring some stuff to the base."

Reading my thoughts Jinyoung answered the question in my head making then another one pop.

Sophie: "Jaebeom's here?"

He smiled while tilting his head to the side a bit a nodded making me smile in response and leave to look for Jaebeom after giving him a quick peck on his right cheek.

I searched on the first floor and when I found nothing I went upstairs and quickly spotted him inside his own room doing I don't know what.

Sophie: "Hey there Jaebeom."

Jaebeom stopped whatever he was doing and looked at me above his shoulder before turning back to what he was doing.

Jaebeom: "Hi."

His answer was quick and cold while he passed through me not sparing me even a glance.

Sophie: "Is everything okay?"

He stopped on his tracks and looked back at me before inhaling deeply.

Jaebeom: "Yes. Now you'll please excuse me. I have to go."

Before he turned back and left I grabbed his wrist making him stop on his place but still not looking at my face.

Sophie: "Can't you stay a little longer?"

Jaebeom: "I have things to do."

I let go of his wrist and looked down to my feet.

Sophie: "Can't it wait?"

I said in a pleading tone hoping that it would make him stay.

Jaebeom: "No. It can't Sophie. I have a gang to run."

Sophie: "Before you could run it and still stay with me at the same time. It's just that I miss you here Jaebeom. You are never home."

I exhaled loudly a little sick of everything that as been going on, I was at my breaking point and I knew that this talk would not help me at all.

Jaebeom: "I am sorry for being the Leader. And for having responsibilities."

He said in clearly sarcastic tone mocking me in a disrespectful way making me look at me confused with an arched eyebrow.

Sophie: "What the fuck Jaebeom?!"

He looked to the side and scoffed.

Jaebeom: "I have to go Sophie. I don't have time for this."