Chapter 44

3 am

August pov

*ding dong* I jumped and out the bed. who could this be? I threw on my sweats. I walked to the door half sleep. the thunder was loud and the lightning flashed every 5 mins. I opened the door to the rain pouring down. nicki stood there in a rain coat and a umbrella. "can you go get nick for me?" She asked. "where you taking him?" I asked. "home!" she spat. "come in!" I said over the thunder. the rain was starting to hit my bare chest. she walked in and slide off her hood as I closed the door. "nicki where you been?" I asked her. "look august ! not right now.... can I please get nick so I can go." she spat again. "you been gone long enough." I told her. she rolled her eyes. "Look you and nick can leave in the morning but I'm not going let you drive out there while the weather like this and this late...well earlie." I demanded. instead of her usually arguing she gave in. "alright" she said taking off her wet clothes. She went into the my bedroom and closed the door. I shook my head. I went to the kitchen and got me some to snack on and drink. the thunder grew stronger where you could hear the wind. i couldn't go back to sleep , I cut on the tv and watch a little of the news of them saying a tropical storm but not bad enough for a hurricane. I changed it to takers and watched some of that. I felt my self yawning I cut off the tv. I got up and went to room. nicki was curled up in my bed with nick. both of them was wearing my one of my t-shirts. I got in the bed and layed with them. even though nicki and I are going through our rough times, I still love her.

I woke up to nick sleep on my chest. damn nicki coming here was a dream.... I got up and eased out the bed. I steped out the room and smelled breakfast. I walked into the kitchen and nicki was sitting there on her phone . I smiled. "Goodmorning." I said. she glance at me and back her phone. "Breakfast on the stove." she said with no emotion. "ima go wake up nick then." I said. "he already ate, he napping right now." she said again. I fix my plate. I say down next to her. I seen this envelope was sitting in her lap. "what's that I asked her." she handed it to me. I frowned up and open it. I started reading the paper inside which had the test results..... I sighed and rubbed my hand down my face. i looked over there at nicki who was tearing up. "what's wrong... it's says I'm the father." I said. Rubbing her hand. "The fact that you doubt that he was yo son, calling me our my name and questioning me." she said before getting up and walking out the room. I followed her in the bedroom. she was packing nick stuff up. "Nicole I apologize ight? I'm sorry" I pleaded. she shook her head and wiped her tears as she kept packing his stuff. I snatched the stuff animals out her hands and forced her to look at me. She looked down and slowly up in my eyes. I leaned in to kiss her. She didn't at first but gave in. I slowly pulled away. she looked at me. "I'm sorry." I told her she nodded and buried her face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead. The doorbell rung. I sighed. she broke the hug and I lift her chin with my finger and kissed her one last time. I walked out and to the door. Brittany was there. I let her in. "Hey bae!" she said excitely kissing my cheek. "hey?" I questioned. "guess what!" she squealed. "what?" I questioned. "I'm pregnant ! we having a baby!" she said all happy. I froze. I look up and saw nicki leaving with her eyes red and puffy. she was holding nick in one hand and the bag in the other. "thank you ...." she smiled to me. she look at Britt "congrats" she said before walking out. I helped her in her Mercedes. "Nicki listen i" she cut me off with a smile. "it's ok aug , go be with your new family." she said in a sweet voice before pulling off and honking the horn as she left. I walked back into the house. "august what was she doing here?" Brittany asked. "to get nick that's it." she said. I nodded. "I love you." she said. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her. "I love you too Brittany." I said. she smiled and we start kissing.