Game Night

It's been several weeks since cat stole the invisible material. But no activity on her has been reported at all. Meaning one of two things. Either she's so good that even after the heist the victim doesn't even know they've been robbed or she's getting ready for the next one. Peter was definitely hoping for the later. Right now peter was walking down the street with a book bag going over his shoulder. He was currently on his way to Harry's condo that in the upper east. As he went past the front desk he saw Ned at the elevator with a backpack.

"Hey dude you ready for tonight's session?" Peter asked as he fist bumped his best friend.

"Hell yeah. We're gonna own this game." Ned said. When the elevator dinged the pair got in and went up. As soon as they made it to Harry condo they came out to see that Harry had turned his entire dinner table that seated 6 into a game table. Harry came out of the kitchen with several bags of Chips. He set them on the table next to the salsa and other snacks. In the drinks section was an igloo that was filled with ice and sodas. Both Ned and Peter sighed with joy at the sight.

"I love D&D at Harry's." Peter said.

"It's the one day of every week that I look forward too." Ned said with joy. Yes. They were there to play Dungeons and Dragons, the game that's over 4 decades old but still has a place in people's heart. Peter and Ned set down opposite each other and pulled out their D&D sheets. They each played several characters. Peter played three while Ned had two. Peters characters were an entire family. There was the father of the family Kriv Longsword a lvl. 16 eldritch Knight who protects others but has a weakness for drinks, his wife Elizabet a mute ranger who takes shit from no one, and their adopted daughter Anruqah a Yuan-ti pureblood warlock that unlocked her emotions when she lost her entire village and saw the bloody corpses of her family. Ned's characters were a couple but not a family like Peters. There was the lawful Lizardfolk barbarian that caught the eye of a not so good natured rogue. These games this group had were what they lived for. They'd been playing since they could understand the rules. They switched out being DM every adventure and this time it was Harry's turn. As they all were ready Harry began the campaign.

"Let the Adventure begin!" Harry said with a loud voice all the while Peter and Ned cheered for joy.

Time skip

"Hit!" Harry said. The table was ecstatic as the adventure group had finally encountered the final boss of the campaign a mighty Ancient Red Dragon. They brought it down a great deal of its health an inch away from its own death. Ned rolled several dice.

"30 damage!" Ned said. Peter and Ned looked at Harry with hope.

"You slash the dragons right leg clean off. The dragon falls to the ground hard as it just lost a limb that supported its weight." Harry said. Peter and Ned high five across the table. "But it gets back up." Harry said with a smirk. Peter groaned. "It is now the dragons turn." Harry said. He rolls a few dice. "He attacks Ned." Harry said. He rolled a d20. "26?" Harry asked.

"Nope." Ned said with a smirk.

"Right. Your characters the one with the insane unarmored AC of 28." Harry said. He thought for a second. "The dragon rears it's head before breathing a cone of seething flames. The flames lick harmlessly against your scaly skin. When the cone ends the only sign that the fire breath had was on the ground." Harry narrated.

"I wipe my shoulder and snort at the dragon." Ned said. He rolled a die. "I got a 19 on my intimidation." Ned said. Harry rolled a die of his own.

"It works. The dragons is shocked by the fact that it's mighty fire breath had no effect on you." Harry said.

"I'm going in for the kill. I hope." Peter said. He rolled his dice on the table.

"16?" Peter asked. Harry began to narrate again.