An old friends help

Flash then started his training with S.H.I.E.L.D. It seemed that their way was doing the job. Flash must have felt right at home being with S.H.I.E.L.D. cause it was almost just like the military. Fury made sure to let him know that Flash was his responsibility. If flash screwed up on something Peter was going to be in just as much trouble. So peter made a mental note to teach flash to not make any mistakes that could get them into trouble. Leaving flash peter went home. There he spent the rest of his day coming up with plans. Plans to lure Venom into a trap. How he didn't know, but he had to think of something. Peter thought about luring him in with a challenge. A direct confrontation between the two of them. Then again Venom knew peter was stronger so why would he go with that. Peter then had the idea of using bait. He quickly scratched that idea as the only bait venom would take was live humans to satisfy the symbiotes hunger. And he wasn't about to sacrifice people to catch this guy. Also the chances of venom going for a specific person in New York were next to nil. Peter then continued to think of ways to get Venom until later there was a knock at peters door. Looking at the door peter wondered who it was. Peter answered the door to find Richard at his door. Peter was taken a back a bit. For all he had known Richard was still angry at him.

"Richard. Uh....What are you doing here?" Peter said.

"Here." Richard said in a unhappy tone. He handed peter a book. It had a leather cover. Peter opened it and immediately recognized the handwriting.

"This is uncle bens journal. But.... I don't recognize this book. Is this some sort of secret journal he had?" Peter wondered aloud. Peter let Richard inside the apartment.

"It talks about his time while working with you." Richard said. Peter looked at his cousin.

"When I was starting out as Spider-Man." Peter said.

"Go to the last page he wrote on." Richard said. He folded his arms and looked away. Obviously he still hadn't forgiven peter. Peter flipped through the book until he found no more writing. He then went backwards till he found the last page that had been written on. He started at the beginning reading about how uncle Ben felt like he was being watched. When he got to the part where uncle Ben knew he was going to die he sucked in a deep breath. When it came back out it was unsteady. A little later he got to the part where uncle Ben was saying goodbye.

"knowing you peter there are many things I have to say to you." Peter read aloud. "First of all stop blaming yourself for my death. It's not your fault no matter what you say or think. So please peter stop, just stop blaming it on you and you alone." Peters breathing was a little heavy. He paused for a moment. "Next you need to learn to stop carrying the burden of the world on your shoulder. You always do this. You take the burden alone and push others away so that they won't have to carry it with you. You should let others help you. That's all I think I have time to address. You have always been like a son to me peter...... I love you." Peter finished and looked at Richard. "Where did you find this?" Peter asked

"I found it among the stuff that S.H.I.E.L.D. found and brought to our hotel. I've kept it to myself for about the past week. I was angry at you for not saving my dad. But when I read that. I just wasn't angry anymore..... it took half a week for me to decide to share this. A part of me just... didn't want to share the last thing I have of my dad." Richard said. Peter smiled and then put his hand on Richard.

"Thank you.... I think this is exactly what I needed right now." Peter said. He looked down at the book again and felt the page. As he did he felt something odd. There was ink on the page in a spot where the page was completely blank. Confused peter felt the page a little more. Using his seismic sense he was able to find more of the non-existent ink. Peter then put the book down on his desk and searched for a flashlight.

"What are you doing?" Richard asked.

"I'm shining a little light." Peter said. After getting the flashlight he grabbed a few other stuff and began to put them all together. He then turned on the flashlight. This created a black light effect. He then shined it over the journal revealing an invisible UV ink. It showed a map of their house and had a number beside the map. "A map." Peter said with a smile. Both Richard and peter were surprised by the map.

"What do you think it leads to?" Richard asked as he stared at the map. Peter then found a little X.

"Let's find out." Peter said. Peter then grabbed the book and the light and they both left Peters apartment and went for the house.

Time skip

When they arrived they found construction equipment around the building. The workers had probably gone home as it was pretty late. Entering the building they looked at the map and deduced that it was the second floor. Going up the stairs they followed the map. After avoiding the hole venom had made they reach the spot. Looking around they were still in the hall way. Looking at the map the X was actually in the wall. Peter handed Richard the book then began to feel the wall. As he did he felt a tiny crack that was so minuscule you wouldn't have found it with out a magnifying glass. Peter then followed the crack in a straight line then an abrupt 90 degree turn followed by another. The crack seemed to make a square shape as he traced it. Feeling it he found no handle to open it. Peter then flicked the spot and used his seismic sense at the same time. Peter picked up this trick when testing the power out. The more vibrations present the easier it was to use his seismic sense. He knew exactly what was inside the little box. Another book.

"There's a book in there." Peter said.

"How do you know?" Richard asked.

"I can feel vibrations. It allows a sort of vision. Like echolocation except this one has a farther reach. But I can't feel anything that isn't on the ground. So if someone was flying I wouldn't be able to see them with this ability. Anyways. It seems there's no handle for this." Ben said.

"Then how did dad open it?" Richard asked. Peter tapped on the wall again.

"It seems that there's a metal lock behind the wall.... hey! Didn't uncle Ben have that super magnet?" Ben asked. Richard nodded. "Go get it." Peter said. Richard went into the attic where they stored bens stuff. He came back with a metal rod that was a powerful magnet. Peter took the rod and stuck one side to the panel. From what he felt with his seismic sense the lock was very simple. It was a bar that went into a hole in the side of the safe locking it. To open it peter just had to put the magnet horizontal to the wall push it to right, then straight down. The sound of it unlocking was clear as day. Peter then opened it and reached in to pull out the book. He then opened it and began to look through it. As he did his eyes grew wider realizing what was inside the book. "These are his ideas for inventions! Entire blueprints of things he wanted to create!" Peter said. He then remembered the number. He opened bens journal again and look at the number. 137. Peter went back to the invention book and flipped to page 137. When he got to it he saw a design for a machine that was designed exactly for Peters current situation. "Oh my god." Peter said astounded.

"What?" Richard asked confused.

"This is a sound based machine that will break the bond between Venom and Eddie! This is exactly what I needed!" Peter chuckled as he realized something. "Even when facing death you made sure that I could find a way to beat the motherfucker..... thank you uncle Ben." Peter said. He then started for the exit. Richard followed him. "I'm sorry Richard. But I really need this book right now. I'll make sure to give it to you whenever I'm done with it. But right now this is too important. If this invention can do exactly what it's supposed to it will save thousands of lives!" Peter said. With that peter took Richard back to the hotel he was staying at before going back home. He needed to get back to work.