A dark history

After reaching the hospital miles was immediately taken to the E.R. They asked how he got them. Felicia came up with an excuse that seemed to pass. After miles came out of surgery and woke up it was almost midnight. Miles then borrowed Felicia's phone which she got after returning to peters apartment which was empty. Miles called his mom and dad. When they heard him say he was at the hospital they came running. Felicia was there when they arrived. After apologizing Felicia left miles in the care of his parents. Felicia then walked back to the apartment. When she got back peter was walking up to the apartment building. He seemed tired.

"Peter!" Felicia said surprised.

"Hey Felicia." Peter said. Felicia walked forward and hugged peter putting her head on his shoulder. "Hey what's wrong?" Peter asked. Felicia pulled away.

"Miles went out again. But before he went he came by and asked for my help. I couldn't let him go alone." Felicia said. Peter then understood that something happened.

"What happened?" Peter asked. Felicia looked up into Peters eyes.

"We found Venom. Tracked him down into the subway tunnels. He ambushed us.

"Are you ok?" Peter asked. Felicia nodded.

"I'm fine. Just a little stressed." Felicia said.

"PTSD?" Peter asked.

"Maybe. i'll be ok. It's subsiding. Anyways we tried to get away and hide but he found us..... He hurt miles.... I had to take him to the hospital." Felicia said. Peter breathed in and let out an unsteady breath. "I looked at him and he was just so scared as we went to the hospital." Felicia said. Peter looked around as they were still in the streets.

"Let's go inside." Peter said. Going in to the apartment building they started up the stairs and went to their shared apartment. Once inside peter went to the bed and sat down. Felicia went to sat down next to him and laid her head on Peters shoulder.

"Peter?" Felicia said getting Peters attention. Peter looked down at her.

"Mmm?" Peter replied

"Where you ever in the situation where you were dying in a back alley like what you said to miles the other day?" Felicia asked. It was quiet for a while. Felicia took that as peter saying yes. Felicia wrapped her arms around peter in a hug. "Why did you go back out then? You had your aunt and cousin worrying about you and you just kept going back out? Why?!" Felicia asked.

"Cause I owed it to them." Peter said. Felicia looked up at him.

"Why do you owe it to them?" Felicia asked.

"Because I'm the reason my uncle is dead." Peter said. Felicia didn't know what to say at that point. "Years ago I made a mistake which eventually lead to my uncles death. Ever since he died I've made it my job to keep other people safe and make sure no family ever feels that same pain. I even went so far as to give myself the powers of all the spiders." Peter said.

"Why was it your fault? Explain it to me.... please." Felicia asked. Peter was silent. "Please peter talk to me." Still nothing. Felicia let peter go then scooted to the other end of the bed. Curling up into a ball. She guessed peter just didn't want to talk to her about it. Peter looked at her and saw how sad she was now. Closing his eyes he took in a breath.

"Eddie killed my uncle." Peter said. Felicia looked at him shocked.

"You mean all this time you-" Felicia started.

"I've been fighting my uncles killer. But to know why it's my fault you need to know how venom got here." Peter said. He paused for a moment. "It was almost 8 years ago now when venom first arrived. He came from the sky inside a meteor. It landed somewhere in Central Park. Close to where I had been laying after a tough fight with my foes." Peter said as he had a flashback.