Yet another spider

After the new year started Peters been swinging around a lot more. For peter this time of year was always the hardest. It always made him think of uncle Ben. If only he had been faster. If only he could have saved him. Peter pushed himself harder. Searching for venom was taking up most of Peters free time. Currently he was running on the roofs in Harlem at night. He came to a stop on one of the buildings to rest. Having been running around New York for hours. Peter sat down and laid his back against a wall. He sat there for a while.

"Hey Matt. Been a while." Peter said. Above him was daredevil.

"Hey kid. How are you?" Daredevil asked.

"Not great. Tracking down that psychopathic monster. Now I'm just stuck waiting for something that might not happen in time." Peter said.

"Hmm." Was all daredevil said in reply. Peter looked around.

"You know I wish I was a bit more like you. Only caring enough to just help out your little area. Instead I have to care so much I take care of all of Manhattan." Peter said.

"You know. Caring for your fellow man isn't always a burden." Daredevil said.

"No. But it's a responsibility that puts a lot of weight on my shoulders." Peter said.

"Whatever happened to that cat lady and the spider kid?" Daredevil asked.

"They're not ready for this. Too green. Venom was literally eat them alive.... I can't bear that." Peter said.

"Sounds like you when you were still new at the game." Daredevil said. Peter chuckled. "Remember when you came to me looking for advice on how to properly use your powers?" Daredevil asked.

"Yeah. You made me do everything blindfolded." Peter said with a smile beneath his mask. The corner of Daredevils mouth turned up in a smile as well.

"Yeah. But even then you were green too. You wanted to prove to New York you were a hero that they could depend on." Daredevil said.

"Yeah. Back then though I'd get beat left and right and go to hospital so many times.... I don't want that for them. I want them to be better then I was back then." Peter said.

"So teach them how. Don't just put them in the back seat and not let them try. And when they're about to fall down catch them. Save them. Cause that's what heroes do." Daredevil said. Peter sighed then stood up.

"Thanks for the pep talk Matt." Peter said. When he looked up though he was already gone. "I know you can still hear me. So I'm just gonna say it. That is so rude." Peter said. He chuckled again before running and web slinging away. As peter was swinging around he saw some webs sticking to the side of a building. He hadn't gone through this area recently. Narrowing his eyes, peter followed the trail of webs. As he started swinging he heard some one coming from behind. They were sloppy in their swing which was what got Peters attention. Before whoever it was realized it, Peter shot a web catching them and then swung them around into a building. Peter then shot a web and pulled himself to the building. Raising his fist the person put up their arms.

"Wait!!" They yelled. Peter recognized the voice.

"Flash!" Peter said. Flash chuckled nervously.

"Surprise!" He said just as nervously as his chuckle.

Time skip

Peter and flash were on a rooftop. Peter brought flash here to explain how he was swinging through New York.

"So after I disappeared in that weird mind binding school I was surrounded by this shadow. It kept whispering things." Flash said.

"What did it whisper?" Peter asked.