the cats game

I do not own the song used for this chapter. The song is owned by its respective artists. I merely used it for the chapter.

Peter was hurrying over to the laboratories. Hoping that this was black cat again bringing this chase one step closer to ending. As peter was swinging through the city he wondered what she was taking this time. As peter swung his spider sense went off, that and hearing what sounded like a rocket peter moved to side to see a red object zoom past him.

"The hell?" Peter wondered at first. The red blur moved directly toward where peter was heading. When he landed he found himself at an Stark bio lab. Peter narrowed his eyes. This had to be her target. Really. A bio lab. What would she want from a bio lab. She's been stealing tech to up her game. But what here would give her an up on her game. Peter swung into the lab and landed inside the building. The entire building seemed to be on lockdown. But the front door was open. From what peter knew about mr. Stark, he would have definitely had the front doors shut down if the building was on lock down. Peter walked through the building. Whatever she was stealing it had to be important. As peter walked through his spider sense went off again. Jumping to the side a beam of light hit where he had been. He then began to move quickly. Then another beam hit right in front of him. Stopping peter closer his eyes, turned, and put up his hands. "Wait!!" He yelled. He then heard a familiar sound of something powering down.

"Spider-Man? So that was you I saw swinging by." A voice peter said. Peter let out the breath he had. In front of him stood tony stark. The iron man.

"Who else swings from buildings?" Peter asked.

"I don't know. I just saw the news and saw that second spider. Kid-spider or something." Stark said.

"Kid-arachnid." Peter corrected.

"Yeah what ever. Why don't you leave this to me." Mr. Stark said.

"I would but I think I know who's your thief. Also was that you?" Peter asked pointing at the front door not being closed off.

"No it was like that when I got it. Weird that my system didn't shut it." Stark said. Peter thought for a moment before getting an idea.

"Well. Let's find out their. Hopefully this can put us both at ease." Peter said. Stark then scanned the building.

"I got our thief. Female, age 23, wearing some kind of specialized suit." Tony said.

"She's 23?" Peter said. He never really thought about how old she was. She did look like she was 23.

"Yeah. She's on the third floor. Shit." Tony said.

"What. What's on the third floor?" Peter asked.

"A lot of new stuff we're testing." Iron man answered. He then aimed up and shot a blast. This destroyed the ceiling up to the third floor. Iron man the blasted up to the third floor while peter used his webs. When they got up there they found black cat locking a metal suitcase. She was wearing a new suit that had gauntlets on her hands. She then looked at iron man and Spider-Man.

"Well. Hello spider. Like the new suit?" She said smoothly.

"It looks great. But it belongs to oscorp, Cat." Peter replied as he began to play his music. What began to play was the 'joker and the thief' by wolfmother. (See top)

"Great. So we all know each other. Now hand over the case and I'll make sure you get a ball of yarn in your prison cell." Iron man said as he powered up his suit. The black cat just smiled.

"Sorry. But if I deliver this I get the biggest pay I've seen." She said. She opened her hand producing a set of claws. "Let's go moneybags." She said taunting stark. Stark blasted towards her but she side stepped causing him to crash into a wall. Peter jumped at her, when she dodged peter shot a web that redirected him back to her. When peter went to slam his fist down on the ground he was surprised to find that she blocked it. Peters fist pushed down against her arm both of them locked in a power struggle. It surprised him. She never possessed super strength. Making a keen observation peter guessed it was the suit. Using her other hand cat tried to slash at peter. Lucky him his spider sense saved him. Iron man came back and threw a punch that cat caught. She then hit tony with an open palm strike to his chest. This sent him crashing through his lab. When he got back up he moved towards peter.