Chapter 2: The Hero

As All Might and Izuku run back to the site of the explosions, Bakugo was watching Mt Lady, Kamui Woods and Death Arms fight some random villains with bird masks that had attempted to rob a bank. The heroes were sorely losing, as these villains were way out of their league. When all three of the heroes were defeated, the villains attempted to escape before more heroes arrived to the scene of the crime. They were running through the crowd of spectators when they bumped into Bakugo.

"Get out of the way kid!", one of the villains commanded. Bakugo stood his ground, and started fighting the villains by himself.

All the villains came and ganged up on the young man, and Bakugo quickly began losing the fight. Despite this, he continued fighting, until it seemed that he would pass out from exhaustion.

"What the fuck is this kid!?!?!?!", one of the villains exclaimed.

The crowd was cheering Bakugo on until they saw him begin to pass out due to overuse of his quirk. Just before he hit the ground, there was a voice.

"Kacchan!"

Bakugo was quickly teleported out of the area by Izuku, who now stood surrounded by the villains in Bakugo's place.

Izuku immediately stared down all of the villains in a second, seeing their weaknesses.

As the villains charged him down, he made quick calculations based on the thoughts of the villains around him.

'Left hook from behind... roundhouse in front, flames from one side... one under ground... this should be easy' he thought as he prepared to defend the incoming attacks.

He dodged every single one of the attacks and countered them too, fighting the villains until all of them were on the ground in pain.

The civilians were stunned. Then they started cheering Izuku and Bakugo.

All Might, who had been watching over Bakugo while he was contemplating his uselessness, was completely stunned.

'Did he even use his quirk for all that? How strong is this kid?!?!'

He promptly transformed into muscle form, and jumped into the circle where civilians were cheering Izuku.

"Young man, what is your name?"

"All Might!?!? M-my name is I-Izuku Midoriya!", Izuku fake stuttered. He did this to eliminate any ideas that he was connected to All Might, something he would become thankful for in the future.

"Well done, Young Midoriya! I would like to formally thank you for saving these civilians while I was occupied!"

"T-thank you... it was nothing really. But why are you formally thanking me? There isn't a camer- oh."

The news team had come much earlier when Bakugo had taken on the villains, and had filmed the entire battle. A reporter approached him and asked "Young man, how do you feel about defeating the group of villains that handily took care of three pro heroes?

This really put Izuku on the spot. The camera man approached him and focused the camera on him only, like a close up interview.

"Uhhhhh... I think that we should thank the pro heroes before thanking me! I think the pro heroes and Kacch- I mean the guy who fought the villains before me should be credited for wearing the villains down... it wasn't like I did everything!"

The reporters, civilians and especially All Might were very surprised and impressed at his modesty.

'Could this boy really be my successor? I don't know for sure yet... I'll have to watch for a bit longer to make sure.'