Chapter 7: Changing Ideals

3rd Person (Nobodies P.O.V.)

When Momo fainted, Izuku caught her out of instinct. While she was in his arms, he studied her face. She seemed so peaceful in her sleep, and he studied every part of her face, including her beautiful eyes and mouth and nose and... pretty much everything. He realized that he was violating her privacy, so he looked away and tried waking her up.

"Momo? Momo? Wake up, you have to get back home!", he said while smiling at her peaceful breathing.

No response.

Izuku started to panic. 'What do I do? I can't just leave her here, that's no way to treat a lady. I could take her to her house because I know where she lives... but her parents might think I was doing something dirty with their daughter. The only option is to take her to my home until she wakes up!', he thought to himself. Bakugo's parents wouldn't be home for 3 weeks, as they were visiting Bakugo in America.

He put on a spare shirt, then picked her up and started heading for his home when someone got his attention.

"Thank you for saving our child! We don't know what we would do without our little Akagi... We are forever in your debt!". It was the couple who's child he had saved earlier.

"It's no problem, you don't have to indebt yourself to me", he said with a smile. Then he noticed the little kid who he had saved before. He was crying.

"Why are you crying?", Izuku asked him.

The little boy answered, "This is all my fault... I'm sorry mister! I just wanted to see what was happening..."

The couple seemed nervous as they looked at Izuku. They were worried that he would blame their son for what had happened, and that their son would get even more scared than he already was.

For a second, Izuku's face was unreadable. Finally he bent down and looked the little boy in the eyes while patting his head. "It's okay to be curious.", he said with a smile. He noticed the little boy still had a guilty frown. "Hey, listen to me.", he said softly.

The boy lifted his head.

"Always remember this... never frown. Whenever you feel so sad that you want to cry... pick your head up and walk through your troubles with a smile.", Izuku said as the boy started to brighten up.

"But let's stay away from flaming cars from now on, Ok?"

The little boy nodded his head yes and hugged Izuku.

"Thank you mister!", he shouted with a smile.

Izuku watched with a bright smile as the boy and his parents walked away. Then he looked behind himself and notice that Momo had woken up, and she had been watching him comfort the young boy. She had a smile on her face, but when she saw Izuku had noticed her, she quickly looked away while blushing.

'What is this feeling? He was so hero-like for a second... do I have a crush on him?', she asked herself.

"Oh, you're awake Momo!", Izuku said with a smile."Y-Yeah", she said while she thought to herself 'Why does he smile so much? It's so infectious and heartwarming"

"That's good.", he said while laughing. "What happened, do you have a cold or something?", he added with concern.

"No, I don't know what had happened... I just passed out", she lied.

Izuku was staring at her with concern when he was interrupted.

"Sir! You are the hero who caught the criminals and saved two people, right?"

Izuku turned around and saw a news team approaching him. He straightened up.

"Uhhhhhh, yeah. Why?"

"The news had been following the pursuit by helicopter and we caught all of the footage of what happened on camera! Could we get an interview with you please?"

Izuku nodded. "Sure..."

As the news was getting their cameras ready, the reporter looked closely at him and seemed to recognize him.

"Hey, you're that modest kid hero from the bank incident, aren't you!"

Izuku nodded his head yes, and the reporter smiled.

"Can't seem to stay away from saving people, can you?"

Izuku nervously smiled and agreed.

Momo, who had been moved off the scene (Even though they would interview her later too), smiled in admiration. 'So that was him? He really is a hero' she thought to herself.

When the interview started, Izuku had to answer a lot of questions, some of them very personal. He answered all of them perfectly, then they got to the question that everyone had wanted to ask him.

"Why are you saving people like this?", he was asked.

Izuku paused for a second, then faced the camera with another heartwarming smile.

"I want to save as many people as I can for now. Every life I save is more valuable than money and fame. If I can save someone, but don't do it, how will I live with myself? To me, it's the same as killing somebody. That life is something precious, and I'm not going to sit down and watch one end, right in front of me. I will put all the power I have in me to save as many lives as I can, even if I die."

The reporter and everyone who had heard his words were stunned. By now, a crowd had formed around the reporter, so everyone had heard him saying those words. Around Japan, millions of citizens and heroes heard his words in tv and were stunned, inspired.

After the crowd quieted down, the reporter asked his final question.

"What is your goal as a hero?"

Izuku thought for a second, then answered.

"To stop this cycle of violence that the world is stuck in. The storyline is always heroes vs villains, but it isn't so simple. When heroes stop villains, that's not the end of the story. Villains will just come back and commit more crimes, then heroes will come and stop them again, only for the cycle to start again, while innocents are caught up in the middle of it. What we should be focused on isn't stopping crimes when they are committed. Instead, I say that we stop crimes before they even occur. We should stop giving villains a reason to be villains, so that they can live normal lives too. That is my goal as a hero."

If everyone across Japan had been stunned before, they were in shock now. The resolve in Izuku's voice was inspiring, and millions of people around the Japan were instantly overcome by his honesty and his intelligence. His completely nondiscriminatory view to saving people was so honest in the way that he wanted to save everyone,  that many hero schools around Japan used him as an example for the perfect mindset of a hero in the future. His new idea of saving villains too became the subject of many studies by experts around Japan, and on that day, Izuku Midoriya became very famous and well known. He was heralded as the next great hero, whose ideals would transform the country into one of peace. That was the effect Izuku had on people.

The clip of the interview was released by the news the next morning, and it spread like wildfire. The rest of the world besides Japan also learned of Izuku's words, and the clip became a top subject internationally.

A clip of him comforting the little boy also became viral, and people were raving about him even more after seeing this.

This was only the start of Izuku's rise to stardom, and there would be much more to come.