Chapter 53: Friend

Momo P.O.V

I was training with Izuku when we all heard a massive crack and a blinding flash come from the resting facility nearby.

"What the-!", Izuku shouted as the two of us ran to the source of the flash. "Was that Kaminari?!?!"

Bakugo, Uraraka, Todoroki, Kirishima, Mineta, Iida and Tsuyu were running with us, and we arrived to find Kaminari in Hisashi's arms, looking like he was having a mental breakdown. Next to them, Jirou was on the ground, not moving.

"What happened here?!?!", Izuku shouted.

All Might ran over to Jirou, and checked her pulse.

"... There isn't any pulse...", he said slowly.

Izuku ran over to Kaminari.

"Kaminari, are you okay? What happened?!?!"

He reached over to him, but Hisashi stopped him.

"DON'T!", Hisashi shouted. "Right now, Kaminari's quirk is out of control. I should of known that this would happen, but I was careless. All of you, do not touch him, no matter what. Unless you have an electric type quirk, you will only put yourself in danger."

"No... not again...", Kaminari muttered shakily. "Why? Why does this always happen with me?"

"Shhhh", Hisashi said soothingly. "Don't worry, everything will be alright."

He walked over to Jirou and touched her wrist.

"She isn't dead.", he announced. "I can bring her back, but she'll require alot of rest to fully recover."

He placed one finger on her forehead, and she glowed dimly. When he pulled away, she was breathing, but still unconcious.

"What? How?", Kaminari asked shakily, with tears in his eyes. "Whenever I lost control, somebody would always die..."

"That was before, Kaminari.", Hisashi answered. "I have a feeling that you are starting to gain a little control over your powers, and you managed to hold back a large amount of the power when she touched you. She was severely electrocuted, but it wasn't something I couldn't reverse. Unfortunately, due to to the large amount of her shock her brain is probably in, she won't wake up for 1 or 2 months."

"It's all my fault...", Kaminari whispered. "I'm just a danger to everybody else."

"No you're not.", I said. "Obviously you didn't mean to do this. This isn't your fault at all."

"You're just saying that to pity me.", Kaminari answered. "I know it. I'm a disease, a curse. I hurt everybody that I-"

"Shut up.", came a whisper from behind us. We all turned around and found Bakugo shaking. "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!"

"Kaachan?", Izuku asked tentatively. "Maybe now isn't the best-"

"YOU AREN'T A FUCKING DISEASE, DIPSHIT!", Bakugo screamed. "YOU'RE OUR FRIEND. I CAN'T STAND SEEING MY FRIEND BEAT HIMSELF UP LIKE THIS!"

"Aren't you afraid of me?", Kaminari asked with confusion. "I can't even control this power, I might kill someone by accident at any-"

"I DON'T GIVE A SINGLE SHIT ABOUT THAT!!!", Bakugo shouted. "YOU'RE OUR FRIEND, SO THAT MEANS WE WON'T LET YOU HURT BY YOURSELF!"

"That's right!", Kirishima shouted. "We don't care if you have no control over your quirk, you're still Kaminari! Nothing will change that."

"Even so, I can't stand putting you guys into danger!", Kaminari said. "As long as I'm around, all of you are in harms way!"

"That doesn't have to be the case.", Hisashi said suddenly. "There's a way to fix all of this."

"How?!?!", Kaminari demanded. "I've searched for so long to control this power, but I've never had any results!".

"First, I'm going to have to come clean here.", Hisashi answered. "Kaminari, I was the man who adopted you and you're brother."

"What?", Kaminari and Izuku asked at the same time.

"I saw great power in the both of you, and knew that leaving you in the orphanage would result in disaster, so I adopted you under a separate identity.", Hisashi said nonchalantly. "I have been trying to find a way all this time for you to control your quirk, but couldn't find an answer for the past years. Until now."

"There's a way?", Kaminari asked.

"It'll be difficult. You'll go through harder training than ever before.", Hisashi answered solemnly. "It'll require time, patience and effort."

"I'll do it!", Kaminari said desperately. "I'll do anything to control this power!"

"Good. Then, there a few of you who I can see will benefit greatly from special additional training.", Hisashi said as he faced us. "Bakugo. Izuku. Momo. Uraraka. Todoroki. Kirishima. And of course, Kaminari. All of you have parts of your quirks that can be greatly improved if given additional training. It won't be as hard as Kaminari's training, but I foresee all of you at least doubling or tripling in power from this training."

All of us who were named nodded at the same time. I knew that none of us would pass up such an opportunity.

"Then, we shall begin additional training at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow after school.", Hisashi said. "Kaminari, stay here. We'll work on a way to limit your power temporarily. The rest of you, dismissed."

As we walked away, we were all silent from the recent turn of events.

"Does anybody know about Kaminari's past?", Izuku asked suddenly.

"Now that I think about it, he's never talked about anything apart from his middle school before.", Kirishima answered. "Why?"

"I accidently read his mind using my quirk.", Izuku answered quietly. "I saw things that didn't make sense to me at all."

"What was it?", Mineta asked.

"I won't say. It's not my place to reveal anything about Kaminari's past.", Izuku answered. "He'll tell us when he's ready."

"Then what will we do?", I asked. "How can we help Kaminari?"

"We just have to support him as his friends and make sure he doesn't do anything rash.", Todoroki answered. "For now, there's nothing else to do."

We returned to the rest of our classmates, who interrogated us on what happened. As we were answering their questions, I noticed Izuku walking away on his own back to the dorms, deep in thought. I didn't think too much of it, thinking he was just worried about Kaminari.

The next day, Izuku didn't come to school.