Chapter 55: Escalation

3rd Person P.O.V

A/N: If you have any trouble keeping up with the characters in the Sovereign, check out the post before Chapter 50 named 'The Sovereign'. It includes the characters with their numbers. :)

"What is your progress with Japan, No.8?", No.2 (old man) asked.

No.8, also known as Sanda Kaminari, scoffed.

"It looked like it was going to be an easy job, but things got real complicated. With No.3 revealing himself and joining the heroes, I can understand why you would need 5 of us there."

"And you were bragging that you could do it all by yourself.", mocked No.9 (the witch). "Looks like you need our help now, brat."

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME HAG?!?!", Sanda shouted as he jumped up.

"Calm down.", No.7 (glasses girl) said calmly.

"SHUT UP GLASSES BIT-"

"That will be enough!", No.2 shouted suddenly. "You have been acting out of line for too long, No.8. Is it time for me to discipline you again?"

"No sir...", Sanda answered meekly, and sat down. 

"Anyways, you have to meet the deadline of 2 months preparation time.", No.2 said as he gave all of the members going to Japan a pointed look. "That's one month left now. The five of you may have the most difficult job, so I suggest you use your time wisely."

"Yes sir.", came the 4 voices and 1 nod.

"The rest of us seem to be coming along well. In one months time, our plans will officially begin to take place.", No.2 said as he gave all of them except for The Queen a pointed look. "I trust in each of our members, I have faith in our plan. Anybody have any pertinent information that they wish to disclose?"

"I have people that may be catching on to me.", Sanda announced casually.

"You must be kidding me!", No.7 shouted. "Is there a limit to how stupid you can get?"

"But this isn't my fault!", Sanda argued. "I have a feeling that No.3 knows what's going to happen, and is preparing Japan to defend!"

"That is troubling indeed.", No.2 sighed. "My Queen, is there any way to counteract against No.3's plans?"

There was a pause, then The Queen spoke for the first time in the meeting.

"Prepare for the expected, expect the unexpected.", the regal leader answered. "Prepare for every single possible scenario knowing that No.3 could have many things up his sleeve."

"But how?", Sanda asked. "He may be the most unknown member of The Sovereign, we don't have any idea what his quirk is! Have any of you seen him in action?"

Everybody shook their heads.

"With such little to go on, how do we prepare against him?"

"If I may interject.", No.6 (muscle guy), who rarely spoke, suddenly said as he stood up. "We do not need to worry about the quirk of No.3. Because he did not rise above No.3, we can assume he is not an all powerful being, so he is defeatable. All we must do is isolate him and fight him 5 vs 1. Even he cannot beat all five of us together."

"Good point, big boy.", No.9 said as she bit her lip. "Such deep thoughts, you should speak more."

"Focus."

"Yes sir."

"Well, there's your answer.", No.2 said as he looked at Sanda. "Every problem has a solution. Is there anything else?"

Nobody spoke a word.

"Very well then. Meeting adjourned. Oh, and No.8?"

"Yes sir?"

"Make sure to eliminate any loose ends."

"Yes sir."

All of the members went their separate ways, save No.9 and Sanda.

"Why're you following me, hag?", Sanda asked with annoyance.

"So rude!", she laughed. "It's nothing, but you seemed troubled young man."

"Keep your nose out of my business.", Sanda growled.

"Quite the temper!", she exclaimed with sarcasm. "Careful, at that rate you won't find yourself a girlfriend!"

"Don't need one."

"You can keep telling yourself that."

"Cut to the chase.", Sanda suddenly said gruffly as he violently pushed No.9 against a wall. "If you have nothing intelligible to say, I have matters to attend to."

"Fine. You're no fun to play with.", No.9 complained. "Well, here's what I wanted to talk about. You had an encounter with a young man a few days ago, didn't you?"

"How did you know about that?", Sanda asked quietly. "Were you following me?"

"Let's just say I have my sources.", No.9 winked. "Obviously, you don't trust me right now, so why don't I give you a token of our trust?"

"Fine."

"My name is Lena Hansson. I'm from Sweden."

There was a pause. "Fine. So what do you want?"

"When you met with that young man, you didn't seem to realize who he was."

"Wasn't he just some stupid hero student?"

"Well, partially correct.", Lena smirked as she took a paper of pictures from her voluptuous melons. "Look at these pictures. See a resemblance?"

"How did you- you know what? I don't even want to know.", Sanda said as he inspected the pictures. "The one on the right... that's the one Japanese hero, Green Lightning. And the left... that's the boy from a few days ago."

It took him a few seconds before it hit him.

"SHIT!", he exclaimed. "They're the same person!"

"Yes, idiot.", she sighed. "And you know what's worse?"

"What?"

"You seriously are stupid. Didn't you read the news that he is the son of Hisashi Midoriya, aka All for One, aka No.3?"

"Shit... I got played.", Sanda muttered.

"Well, what are you going to do about it?"

Sanda looked up with a manic smile.

"I'm gonna have to kill him."

She laughed. "That's right! Now, let me join you!"

"Why?", Sanda frowned. "I'm more than a match for him by myself."

"True, but remember who his father is. You can't afford to fight him in a long, drawn out battle, or you risk No.3 coming to save him."

"So, you'll help me?"

"It would inconvenience me to have one of the members die just when we were going to begin our big plan! We'll finish him quickly, then return back to safety in a flash."

"You have a deal.", Sanda said with a grin. "As a token of our trust, I'l give you my name."

"I already know it.", Lena smirked. "You are really bad at keeping secrets, Sanda Kaminari."

"What the- whatever.", Sanda huffed with disappointment. "And I was planning a cool reveal too."

"You're quite the cutie, aren't you?", Lena laughed as she squeezed Sanda's cheek. "To think there was another side to you."

"Don't get familiar.", Sanda warned. "I'm only collaborating with you to kill the boy, then everything will go back to normal. Got it?"

"Of course. When should we kill him?"

"One week. I'm busy until then."

"Then it's agreed! We murder the son of No.3 in one weeks time!"

The two shook hands, both grinning maliciously.