Chapter 47: The Darkness Pt.2

3rd Person POV

5 minutes ago, in the jail where the league of villains is being held.

"Kurogiri? How much longer?", Shigaraki asked quietly. "We can't let a single day come to waste. What if the heroes start catching up to us?"

Kurogiri, who was in a cell that negated his quirk, frowned. "Patience is key, Shigaraki. But I predict that everything will be ready in one week. We need to get out of here in the next 3 days for Master's plan to come to realization."

"Fine. Are you sure they can't hear us right now?", Shigaraki asked quietly again. "If not, then we've doomed ourselves."

"Don't worry. I'm sure Giran played his role to perfection.", Kurogiri answered. "There is no way they can tap into our communications. We're fine."

Shigaraki nodded in his cell. "Check out what's happening on the other side.", he said quietly.

Kurogiri nodded, then his consciousness left him, now going to his man on the inside...

Monoma grinned. He had finally been given a mission. It had been too long since his last.

He had been killing time in his room when he heard that all too familiar voice in his head.

It's time. Make the portal.

Monoma made sure his door was locked, then made a portal and walked through it. He emerged on the other side in the hellish alternate dimension that he had come to hate.

He took one look around to ensure there wasn't anybody nearby, then let Kurogiri take full control. Black mist enveloped his entire body, until he looked just like Kurogiri himself.

"What's the mission today?", he asked.

"Another infiltration to the police. Shouldn't be anything too hard for you, correct?", came the answer.

"It'll be a piece of cake.", Monoma answered. "Another information heist?"

"Yes. We need to see what the police know at the moment. Be careful. Right now, the police are being extra digilent, so you'll need all your skills for this."

Meanwhile, Izuku was listening on the whole conversation. From it, he deduced that Monoma was a traitor who worked for the League of Villains, and Kurogiri (who should be in jail), has some way to take control of Monoma's body when needed. That part he didn't understand, as Kurogiri's quirk shouldn't be able to do that, but Izuku realised it was most likely All for One's doing.

"There's one more thing.", Kurogiri added. "Your original seems to be starting to act up."

At this, Izuku perked up.

"We may have to put him down, so we won't be getting anymore clones out of him.", Kurogiri continued. "Due to that reason, we're going to make this your last mission, as you'll be the last fake we could produce. Then, we'll kill your original and hang him up where it will be broadcasted across the world, while you disappear, go off the grid. That way, the heroes take another hit, and they still don't know who the spy is."

"Sounds good to me.", Fake Monoma said. "Anyways, where are we going? I'm itching for some action."

"The police headquarters.", Kurogiri answered, then the two-in-one-body teleported out of the dimension, leaving Izuku stunned.

"What in the...", Izuku murmured. "Whatever! No time to waste! I have to inform Tsukauchi and the others that Kurogiri would be going to infiltrate the Police Headquarters, and that the current Monoma is a fake!"

As he wrote the message down, he tried to wrap his head around what had happened, and by the time he had sent the message he had gotten the main idea of it. Basically, the real Monoma had been kidnapped at some point in time and replaced by Twice's clone, who then infiltrated UA and fed the villains info. Somehow, the villains had managed to infuse a bit of Kurogiri into the clone, most likely by some expirimentation by All For One. Now, they were going to infiltrate the Police for more info before they killed the real Monoma, causing confusion and fear in Japan.

10 Minutes Later, in the Normal Dimension

The Kurogiri+Fake Monoma combo went through the portal, expecting to find an empty courtyard, but instead there were numerous heroes and policemen waiting for them there.

"FREEZE!", Tsukauchi shouted. "YOU'RE SURROUNDED! YOU HAVE NO ESCAPE!"

Kurogiri, instead of panicking, grinned at the provocation. "Oh, I most definitely have an escape.", he said mockingly and opened a portal. Before he could go through though, a pale clammy hand reached out. Then an arm. Then an entire body, revealing a familiar mop of green hair.

Izuku staggered out, and breathed a raspy, deep breath of air.

"Hehe...", he croaked weakly. "I knew that you would try to escape back here. I was waiting the entire time..."

Kurogiri (And the majority of the heroes and police) gasped in shock. Izuku hadn't even told Tsukauchi about this plan. Momo and the rest of the students who had been trying to find Izuku and were next to Tsukuachi, were so shocked that they were speechless, and they got tears in their eyes.

"Where did you come from?", Kurogiri demanded. "You were supposed to have been killed by the Nomu!"

"Well, things don't always go the way they're supposed to bud.", Izuku answered. He patted him on the shoulder lightly, then fainted.

Kurogiri immediately teleported away, eager to get away from all the heroes.

Immediately, Momo ran to Izuku, Bakugo and the rest close behind, and held him. She winced at the obviously horrible state Izuku was in, and took him, with the help of Bakugo, to an ambulance.

As Izuku woke on the ambulance stretcher on it's way to the hospital, he slightly opened his eyes and saw Momo smiling over him with tears of joy in her eyes.

"Momo...", he said weakly. "I'm sorry. I took too long, didn't I? I must've made you worry alot... please forgive me..."

"Shhhh...", Momo answered quietly as she stroked Izuku's hair. "I would've waited ten times this if I had to. It must've been hard for you in there, right?"

Tears started leaking from Izuku's eyes, tears that he had been holding back for what felt like forever. "It was so dark... so gloomy... it felt like my life was being sucked away...", he whispered. "I thought I was going to go crazy. Actually, I'm not even sure if I'm not right now... and the scariest part was... I was so ready to die. I was prepared to just give up and lay down in that hell forever and ever..."

Momo started crying now too due to how much Izuku's mental state was in shambles. "It'll be fine now...", she said reassuringly. "We're going to hold onto you and never let you get taken from us like that again. All of us. All of your friends are here for you."

Izuku smiled faintly. "Friends... that's the only thing that kept me going. The memory of friends, family, and most of all, you.", he said. "You guys are the only reason I'm here right now, and I can't thank you guys enough for it."

Momo smiled and kissed Izuku on the cheek. "And we can't thank you enough for making it back. Now rest. That's an order.", she said firmly.

"Yes mother...", Izuku answered with a smile, and dozed off to a peaceful sleep.