Chapter 25: Sports Festival Pt 2

Third Person

"I asked, are you related to All Might in any way?", Todoroki said.

"Uhhh, that's definitely not what you said before, but whatever.", Izuku said with embarasment. "But no. I'm not related with All Might. Why?"

"You... you're awfully close to him, aren't you? It's almost like you guys have a special bond.", Todoroki answered. "He's always with you, and I've even seen you eat lunch together."

"T-That's just c-coincidence! I swear! I'm not like his special student or something like that!", Izuku stammered.

"I don't know what it is, but I don't care what it is either. All I know is that All Might has taken a liking to you, so I must beat you.", Todoroki said coldly.

"Why? Do you have a grudge against All Might?", Izuku asked, confused.

"No. It's because... you don't need to know.", Todoroki answered.

"Ok... but I think it's always better to speak up about your problems then keep them in!", Izuku said enthusiastically. He could sense Todoroki was hurting, and wanted to help, from the bottom of his heart, even if they weren't that close to each other.

"Fine... do you know what quirk marriages are?", Todoroki asked.

"Yeah... it's when someone forces a marriage for the result of the quirks, right?", Izuku answered. "It's looked down upon because it's normally not ethically sound, but why are you talking about that with me? Did you get put into a quirk marriage?"

"No... I am the result of a quirk marriage.", Todoroki answered. "My father, Endeavor, forced my mother to marry him, using his parents money and power."

"Ok..."

"My parents had 4 children. My mother was against it, but Endeavor kept on having children with her until he made his 'perfect weapon'."

"I see. And you were the... 'success'?". Izuku asked.

"Yes.", Todoroki answered. "But Endeavor was abusive. To all of us. He abused my siblings for being 'weak', and my mother for trying to protect me. And me... he pushed me to the brink of death ever since I learned to walk to train me."

Izuku was horrified. "But why? Why would he need a powerful child?", he asked.

"Because he couldn't surpass All Might with his own strength, so he tried to create someone that could surpass All Might for him.", Todoroki answered.

"Is that why you don't use your fire? To try to show Endeavor you don't need him to surpass All Might?", Izuku asked as he began to understand everything.

"Yes. That's also why I need to beat you. You're the student of All Might, and beating you will bring me even closer to showing that old man up and surpassing All Might."

Izuku looked at Todoroki with a sad face. "Look... I know we don't really talk that much, and this rivalry that we're having in this festival may be driving a wedge between us, but I want to say... I'm here for you. The class is here for you.", he said.

Todoroki's expression didn't change as he answered, "I don't need your help. I'm more than enough for myself."

Izuku sighed. "I'd rather be friends with you than enemies or rivals, but it looks like your not going to back down. I'll just say this. The power you have, it's yours, not his. It's your quirk, not his. It's your blood, your life, not his.", Izuku said, then walked away without another word.

'My life... whatever.', Todoroki thought to himself as he too walked away.
.
.
.
Izuku had just finished some exercises when the announcement came that the Festival was continuing.  He teleported to the arena, and waited as the audience started to fill back in and the other participants arrived.