Chapter 11: Fitness Test

Izuku P.O.V.

When we got outside, Aizawa turned to Kacchan and asked, "What was your recorded softball throw in middle school?"

"67 meters.", Kacchan answered.

I remember it being closer to 69 meters, but I kept my mouth shut.

"Throw the ball like you did in middle school, but this time use your quirk for more power.", Aizawa said.

Kacchan took the ball and started winding it up. Right before throwing it, he added an explosion to the throw making the ball rocket into the air.

"DIE!!!!", he yelled while throwing the ball.

'Die?' I thought to myself.

Aizawa showed us how far Kacchan's ball went.

"2 KILOMETERS?!?!?", we all yelled in shock. I had personally thought that he would have gotten closer to 1600 meters, but it looked like he had gotten much stronger while he was in America.

Aizawa turned to face all of us. "You will be allowed to use your quirks for every aspect of this fitness test.", he said with a bored tone. "But... the one with the lowest overall marks will be expelled."

We started off with the long jump, which I got first in due to One for All, followed by Kacchan. The next one, the grip strength test, I got second in, as an octopus like guy named Shoji had a monster score of 540 kilograms. Next, we did the 50 meter dash, and I got first again by teleporting, followed by Iida. On the sideways jump, I just continously teleported, and got the top score too.

Finally, we got to the final test, the pitch. Kacchan got an even higher score of 2200 meters, probably due to the fact that his hands were sweaty from all of the exercises.

When it is finally my turn to go, I tried something new. Instead of using One For All, I made a portal that lead to the other side of the planet. I just dropped the ball in through the portal, and got the second top score with 40 000 kilometers. The top score, a brown haired girl with a gravity quirk named Ochaco, got first with infinity. Aizawa seemed to approve my method, and I could swear I saw him smile.

After we finished up the pitching test, Aizawa gave us the scoring sheet.

1. Izuku Midoriya
2. Katsuki Bakugo
3. Todoroki Shouto
4. Momo Yaoyoruzu
5. Tenya Iida

And the list went on until the last name.

20. Mineta Minoru

Mineta started crying as he realized that he would be expelled, so I went to him and comforted him.

"Its ok, Mineta. Use this as fuel to become stronger. Remember this: whenever you feel like you just can't go on anymore, raise your head and smile. Smile and break through the pain, because this isn't the end for you. Hold your head up high, and don't let this bring you down. I believe in you!", I said to him with a reassuring smile.

Mineta stopped crying and looked at me with a different look in his eyes than before. "That's right! I'll hold my head up high, and keep through the pain! This isn't the end for me!", he shouted with a small smile.

I started smiling to myself when I heard clapping from behind me. I turned around and saw Aizawa with a genuine smile. "Part of being a hero is about being able to cope with failure.", he said. "Because you have demonstrated to me that you don't deserve to be expelled, you won't be expelled, Mineta."

At first, Mineta looked stunned. Then he started jumping with joy, making us all laugh.

"And one more thing.", Aizawa added. "Being a hero isn't only about fighting and rescuing. It is also about comforting the innocents that you save, because that may be what really saves them in the end."